Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager The Boards Elite League

Options
  • 22-10-2013 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

So as I said yesterday I'm going too start a league soon (next few weeks) with NO teams from any premier division around Europe (well maybe irish prem) they'll be teams from the second tier ie championship or lower. No manager will get too choose his team or division too start off with ill just do a random generator too decide this. Has anyone any suggestions for this world? Squad cap won't be needed as the best players in the world will all be at externals so it will just be a matter of affording them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Mr Mac I would love to be part of this world! It sounds great! Where do I sign up?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I'll give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I also think 4 divisions x 20 teams per division maybe the world won't be full but the free teams will begin scattered around the game world.. We could end up with games like Leeds V Cork City in a playoff final with both starting 11's team average around 87... Well find out who the good managers are then... Imagine Messi making his dream move too Sligo Rovers or Adnan Januzai in 2 years rated around 90 (hopefully) leading brentfords attack V Shelbourne lead by say chicarito Hernandez!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Ill be up for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I'd be up for a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well up for this, would actually enjoy it more than the current versions I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Count me in. But will I have to get Gold membership?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Count me in. But will I have to get Gold membership?

If you want too control more then 2 clubs yes. But too join the world no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'm in so.

• Advertisement

Spread the word guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yup

For anyone that doesn't want to pay for gold it's just €4 for an extra club slot, thats what I'll be doing :)

Yup

For anyone that doesn't want to pay for gold it's just €4 for an extra club slot, thats what I'll be doing :)

It says you get 5 extra slots for paying the €4, or is only one extra slot per €4 unless your a gold member?

Tinie wrote: »
    It says you get 5 extra slots for paying the €4, or is only one extra slot per €4 unless your a gold member?

Pretty sure it's €4 per slot. So 2 free and €4 for each one after but I'm not 100%

Looking forward to this, will show who the really Harry Rednapps are, proper wheeler dealers :D

Pretty sure it's €4 per slot. So 2 free and €4 for each one after but I'm not 100%

Looking forward to this, will show who the really Harry Rednapps are, proper wheeler dealers :D

hmmmm they're site needs an update then as it leads to believe you get 5 extra slots for your €4:
    Then purchase Extra Club Slots. Once purchased:
    You will be able to manage an additional 5 clubs.
    By purchasing Extra Club Slots this will enable you to manage an extra 5 clubs.

Tinie wrote: »
    hmmmm they're site needs an update then as it leads to believe you get 5 extra slots for your €4:

Nah it's probably right, I haven't a clue :D I'll be buying it soon so I'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i'm game...........

but i'd like to be a Kaizer Chiefs from South Africa when/if this starts.....plz, pretty plz, pretty pretty plz!

swoody wrote: »
    i'm game...........

but i'd like to be a Kaizer Chiefs from South Africa when/if this starts.....plz, pretty plz, pretty pretty plz!

As with the other world I've no problem with people picking clubs like this and wilberto will prob want southend etc as long as the rest of the lads are ok with it? What do people think?

I personally think the random team picking for everyone is the best, as people will eventually start looking to pick teams with the best young players.

A random team picking for everyone would make it very exciting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, if it's random, it should be 100% random, otherwise people will pick the best of the worst, and that defeats the purpose somewhat.

• Advertisement

I'd say completely random

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Like the idea of being able to pick a club, i imagine a lot of lads will have an affiliation to a certain team..AFC Wimbledon would be mine!! It may keep them interested when they are doing badly?

That said i am not bothered what team i end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i asked cause i dont want an english or irish team.

i already manage Cork City, Newcastle and Portsmouth i don't want another also it adds another continent to my vast list of managerial positions.

Well I'm not going too just do English and irish teams ill do 2nd tier teams from a few country's I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

i'll be up for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Id be up for this also keep us updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

I'll be up for this, definitely make it random though! Everyone starting from an even position

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

I would be interested in joining this as well and also think it should be random for everybody, keep it fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Nearly missed this thread ........ IN!!

Edit: going to have to expand my sig :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Had a few thoughts on this

1) prob fairer to randomise teams and divisions rather than letting people pick

2) from PPPPs league, 30 seems to be the number of people want to take on another leage so would 2-3 leagues of 12 make sense
    With 2 up 2 down

3)a lot of people seem bored with/have enough gb/uk teams so maybe have NO gb/uk teams

4) no selling @ unmanaged teams

5) set loan limit @ 4-5 rather than 3

6) no mgr sacking

Thats all i have for now ...

Advertisement