Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager The Boards Elite League

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Had a few thoughts on this

1) prob fairer to randomise teams and divisions rather than letting people pick

2) from PPPPs league, 30 seems to be the number of people want to take on another leage so would 2-3 leagues of 12 make sense
    With 2 up 2 down

3)a lot of people seem bored with/have enough gb/uk teams so maybe have NO gb/uk teams

4) no selling @ unmanaged teams

5) set loan limit @ 4-5 rather than 3

6) no mgr sacking

Thats all i have for now ...
    Oh and please have a squad limit to cut down on hoarding up of young players. 40 or so should be a good.limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Tinie wrote: »
    Oh and please have a squad limit to cut down on hoarding up of young players. 40 or so should be a good.limit.

Actually with this league and no one getting a half decent team the squad limit isnt needed . You wont have enough money to hoard + people are going to have to buy risers to eventually improve their squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

Had a few thoughts on this

1) prob fairer to randomise teams and divisions rather than letting people pick

2) from PPPPs league, 30 seems to be the number of people want to take on another leage so would 2-3 leagues of 12 make sense
    With 2 up 2 down

3)a lot of people seem bored with/have enough gb/uk teams so maybe have NO gb/uk teams

4) no selling @ unmanaged teams

5) set loan limit @ 4-5 rather than 3

6) no mgr sacking

Thats all i have for now ...

2 slightly bigger leagues would be better, I don't think people would want to be stuck in a third division. I know I'd have no interest if I start 2 division off the top league.

Plus it gives more spaces for promotion and relegation, 2 spots is too few IMO

I'd definitely want GB teams, I want at least some players that I actually know

Agree with randomising teams, no buying at unmanaged clubs and 4-5 loans is a great idea

14 days sign in has to be a must as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Actually with this league and no one getting a half decent team the squad limit isnt needed . You wont have enough money to hoard + people are going to have to buy risers to eventually improve their squad

Agreed here.

If people pump money into "hoarding" players, their teams are going to be broke very very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

5u8AH6.png

Just for anyone interested, above are the advanced rules which can be set at the start of the game.

I myself think two Divisions of 15 would be better than 3 of 10, although I like the idea that 3 of 10 would involve quicker seasons. I wouldn't be bothered starting in Division 3 but I can understand those who would considering the ultimate goal is to win the top Division.

I would love a Gameworld which restricted you to only being able to buy players of the same nationality as your club - but it would be hard to make this fair I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

5u8AH6.png

Just for anyone interested, above are the advanced rules which can be set at the start of the game.

I myself think two Divisions of 15 would be better than 3 of 10, although I like the idea that 3 of 10 would involve quicker seasons. I wouldn't be bothered starting in Division 3 but I can understand those who would considering the ultimate goal is to win the top Division.

I would love a Gameworld which restricted you to only being able to buy players of the same nationality as your club - but it would be hard to make this fair I think.
    The point of this world with it been random tho will be itll take a few seasons for leagues too take shape... We can set smaller divisions then 4 divisions of 20

It looks like its going to be a horrible B/H sunday and monday ... perfect time to start the new league mac ;)

It looks like its going to be a horrible B/H sunday and monday ... perfect time to start the new league mac ;)

Is it not a little bit too close too PPPP's league?

Right as for rules. No teams from any top leagues around Europe. From England,Spain,Germany,etc itll be second tier clubs. IF people want certain clubs like Swindon & Kaiser Chiefs they can request them too be put in. If their team average is low enough ill put them in BUT you may not get them as clubs and divisions will be assaigned randomly, although after season 1 if they are free you may request too move too them. How does that sound? You may also request clubs too be put in and not have any entention of managing them just want too see them in the league.As for divisions it really doesn't matter what division your in too begin with as again it will be randomly generated but lads seem too want smaller leagues so would every one be happy with 4 tiers and 10-12 teams per tier thus giving shorter seasons.? Another thing is economy ill set too rich, and login between 10-14 days! Well also have play offs for promotion...
    As usual ALL feedback welcome so if theirs something your opposed too please say it and well put it too a vote with majority winning!

PS some of us have a date with a high stool and as much foxy water as humanly possible too drink over the next 2 days so weather will have no bearing ha ha!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    PS some of us have a date with a high stool and as much foxy water as humanly possible too drink over the next 2 days so weather will have no bearing ha ha!

while others among us get woken by one of those little mini humans that have no concept of weekdays/weekends/bank holidays (or hour changes) :rolleyes:

And if I'm not mistaking ... the establishments providing said high stools and foxy water have a legal impediment that restrict the time they become available to you ...

#plentytimebeforegettingratsarsed :D

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is it not a little bit too close too PPPP's league?

Right as for rules. No teams from any top leagues around Europe. From England,Spain,Germany,etc itll be second tier clubs. IF people want certain clubs like Swindon & Kaiser Chiefs they can request them too be put in. If their team average is low enough ill put them in BUT you may not get them as clubs and divisions will be assaigned randomly, although after season 1 if they are free you may request too move too them. How does that sound? You may also request clubs too be put in and not have any entention of managing them just want too see them in the league.As for divisions it really doesn't matter what division your in too begin with as again it will be randomly generated but lads seem too want smaller leagues so would every one be happy with 4 tiers and 10-12 teams per tier thus giving shorter seasons.? Another thing is economy ill set too rich, and login between 10-14 days! Well also have play offs for promotion...
    As usual ALL feedback welcome so if theirs something your opposed too please say it and well put it too a vote with majority winning!

Agree 100% with the first highlighted point.

Couldn't disagree more with the second highlighted point. This is supposed to be completely equal starting point. I know its unrealistic to have 1 league, but having 4 is pointless IMO. If I start in Division 4 it'll be impossible to get to Division 1 within 5 seasons if we're being realiastic (3 promotions in a row isn't going to happen)

2 Divisions is need with 14/15 Clubs. Gives a lot more spaces for promotion and relegation which will obviously keep the interest up.

4 Divisions was fine when we were doing big teams and small teams in the boards.ie league. With this format of everyone being the same quality, it may well be impossible for someone starting in Division 4 to get near Division 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

some suggestions for teams.

SCOTTISH
    rangers.
    livingston
    falkirk
    dunfermline
    east stirling

NORTHERN IRISH
    linfield
    crusaders
    cliftonville
    glentoran
    portadown

WELSH
    the new saints
    Airbus UK Broughton
    Bangor City

IRISH
    St Pats
    sligo
    bray (must have bray :P )
    bohs
    shamrock rovers
    cork
    derry
    dundalk
    shels
    limerick
    athlone town

ENGLISH
    Fleetwood
    Burton
    Wimbledon
    Scunthorpe
    Portsmouth
    Torquay
    Accrington
    Wolves
    Swindon
    MK Dons
    Crawley
    Notts County
    Sheff Utd
    Preston

AUSTRALIA
    adelaide
    brisbane roar
    newcastle jets
    wellington phoenix
    melbourne heart
    sydney fc
    perth glory
    melbourne victory
    central coast mariners
    western sydney wanderers

MSL
    Sporting Kansas City
    New York Red Bulls
    Montreal Impact
    Chicago Fire
    New England Revolution
    Houston Dynamo
    Philadelphia Union
    Columbus Crew
    Toronto FC
    D.C. United
    Portland Timbers
    Real Salt Lake
    LA Galaxy
    Seattle Sounders
    Colorado Rapids
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    FC Dallas
    Chivas USA

REST OF WORLD
    Kaizer Chiefs (south africa)
    orlando pirates (south africa)
    Moroka Swallows (south africa)
    Al Ahly (egypt)
    fc seoul (south korea)
    Suwon Samsung Bluewings (south korea)
    chinese teams
    african teams
    europeans team
    (getting bored of listing teams now :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

I've resigned as manager of one of my clubs in anticipation of this league. It's reignited my waning interest in this game. I'm excited!

I've resigned as manager of one of my clubs in anticipation of this league. It's reignited my waning interest in this game. I'm excited!

Me too... I will get this up and running lads...just wanted a bit of gap between game worlds launching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm in 3 GWs now, this will be my last for a long time. I'm even struggling with 3!

I'm in 4, going to join this and prob pay to get chelsea from the start of a GW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

pffft....amateurs, i'm in 10!

maybe start this league in say 3/4 weeks?

Whats the final layout/rules going to be?

Whats the final layout/rules going to be?

Here's what I suggested a few pages back but it's upto us all like

swoody wrote: »
    pffft....amateurs, i'm in 10!

?

I was in 7 untill today I quit one.. I think your in a few of my worlds swoody... It's gettin competitive ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i'll be offering a trade if i don't get a South African team.......just sayin!

I'm easy ..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Count me in, great concept and everyone starts from the same position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Dude, your sig uses up half my bandwidth allowance for the year!! Thing is huge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Dude, your sig uses up half my bandwidth allowance for the year!! Thing is huge!!

lol It is! I'll prob change it 2moro. Funny thing is my old sig stopped showing up because it was " too big".....yet this one is fine!!:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Phew....I saw four pages in this thread already and I got a bit scared!! I'll definitely be up for this, and yes (as Mac said) I'd probably just pick Southend United. That is if Beefy doesn't pick them first. :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I'm in. Seems like a good concept..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'll take a team when this starts up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is this still going to happen? I'd be in.

• Advertisement

yup this WILL 100% happen im just going too wait untill there is alittle lul. Between new worlds and joined worlds things have been hectic so no point startin another world but ill do it soon

Advertisement