Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager The Boards Elite League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i'd say try and time it to have the season start on the 4/5th of december, so open it around the 29/30th of november to allow the 5 friendlies. that way your league will be 30 games in, PPPP's will be 10 and these connect leagues should be 4/5 games in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

I'd be interested in taking a team in a league like this

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Still excited about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I know, like OMG mega buzzing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I know, like OMG mega buzzing :D

sarcasm-detector-o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MATCH DAY 1 ON THE 12TH WOULD BE IDEAL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Who needs Christmas when you've got a new league in soccer manager to bring the excitement!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Haven't forgotten about this lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

If we're going with the earlier suggestion people just nominating teams to be entered in, but have the teams still assigned at random, then I want to nominate Southend United and Cork City. I think I remember you saying that you might allow League of Ireland clubs anyway, seeming as, at most, they're the same standard as League Two clubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Wilberto wrote: »
    If we're going with the earlier suggestion people just nominating teams to be entered in, but have the teams still assigned at random, then I want to nominate Southend United and Cork City. I think I remember you saying that you might allow League of Ireland clubs anyway, seeming as, at most, they're the same standard as League Two clubs!

...And if we're going with "small" clubs....then all the clubs will have to be small. For purposes of equalisation, revenue is going to be tricky if it's going to be a team of small clubs I presume? Small club = small stadium =small revenue = losing money if your paying Ronaldo 200k a week!:(

• Advertisement

Seamo87 wrote: »
    ...And if we're going with "small" clubs....then all the clubs will have to be small. For purposes of equalisation, revenue is going to be tricky if it's going to be a team of small clubs I presume? Small club = small stadium =small revenue = losing money if your paying Ronaldo 200k a week!:(
    The bigger question is where your going too get 80 million too buy him in the first place ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've just taken over Cork City in the Irish Championship 2 and it's crazy the amount of players that are still at externals. Only 10 teams in the league, each with 22 players on average means there's only (approximately) 220 players actually signed. It's weird seeing 90+ players at external clubs in such an old league.

It's a completely different challenge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So as I said yesterday I'm going too start a league soon (next few weeks) with NO teams from any premier division around Europe (well maybe irish prem) they'll be teams from the second tier ie championship or lower. No manager will get too choose his team or division too start off with ill just do a random generator too decide this. Has anyone any suggestions for this world? Squad cap won't be needed as the best players in the world will all be at externals so it will just be a matter of affording them.

How much cash are you assigning per club on start up?

The bigger question is where your going too get 80 million too buy him in the first place ;)

:eek: So your not going with the Arab oil baron approach and giving us each 200million to fight over the best players?!!!:(

I get ya now, sounds good.

No the computer will assaign each team cash and I severely doubt any team akin get over 20 mill

No the computer will assaign each team cash and I severely doubt any team akin get over 20 mill

Is that your choice or is it not an option? The last league I created (THE LEAGUIO DE LA OBSCURIA - similar theme to this it seems) I assigned £300m to each start up manager ...

bazarakus wrote: »
    Is that your choice or is it not an option? The last league I created (THE LEAGUIO DE LA OBSCURIA - similar theme to this it seems) I assigned £300m to each start up manager ...

If I get the option too decide how much ill give each team a nice chunk but doubt itll be 300m that will defeat the purpose imo

If I get the option too decide how much ill give each team a nice chunk but doubt itll be 300m that will defeat the purpose imo

Hey - I wouldn't be tellin anyone how to set up their league - just askin some questions and offering some feedback. The way it worked out was a bit mental to be honest. We had a mad scramble to bring the world's best to our little clubs. There were epic struggles to sign Messi and Ronaldo, who then refused to sign for the winning clubs! Then we all spent all our £300m (or most of us did) only to find out that our poxy 5,000 seater stadia were not bringing in the bucks to pay the wages. So we all ended up finishing Season 1 with minus £15m in the bank. Or at least I did. Ahem.

Some lessons perhaps!

Hey - I wouldn't be tellin anyone how to set up their league - just askin some questions and offering some feedback. The way it worked out was a bit mental to be honest. We had a mad scramble to bring the world's best to our little clubs. There were epic struggles to sign Messi and Ronaldo, who then refused to sign for the winning clubs! Then we all spent all our £300m (or most of us did) only to find out that our poxy 5,000 seater stadia were not bringing in the bucks to pay the wages. So we all ended up finishing Season 1 with minus £15m in the bank. Or at least I did. Ahem.

Some lessons perhaps!
    Sorry if I seemed harsh there. Ya the whole point of this world is that managers will build a team. The avg team rateing will be around 70-75 so managers will have too do some Harry style wheeling and dealing. Giving them 300 million kinda defeats that IMO

Please can we start this soon?

I'm done with transfers in my current 12 GW's and I'll only end up taking a team in a GOLD chanpionship when the next one opens if I dont have something else to entertain me ;)

Disclaimer: I DO NOT have a problem, , I'm NOT addicted .... ok so maybe be a just a littlel bit ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd let the computer decide transfer budgets. No point having small teams with 200/300m, I thought the point was to be a wheeler dealer and make the most of your small budget? Obviously it's your league though, so do what you want :)

Yeah go with small budget. Makes everyone work harder to succeed and we all start at the same level, both of which should ensure that everyone has a greater connection with their team hence league lasts longer.

Yeah go with small budget. Makes everyone work harder to succeed and we all start at the same level, both of which should ensure that everyone has a greater connection with their team hence league lasts longer.

Im in a GW with a few leagues of 10 teams, would strongly push that idea as it limits/prevents the midseason slump

Oh and small budgets please

Sorry if I seemed harsh there. Ya the whole point of this world is that managers will build a team. The avg team rateing will be around 70-75 so managers will have too do some Harry style wheeling and dealing. Giving them 300 million kinda defeats that IMO
    I'd let the computer decide transfer budgets. No point having small teams with 200/300m, I thought the point was to be a wheeler dealer and make the most of your small budget? Obviously it's your league though, so do what you want :)

Think thats what i said above :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Think thats what i said above :)

No idea how I missed that :/

Please can we start this soon?

I'm done with transfers in my current 12 GW's and I'll only end up taking a team in a GOLD chanpionship when the next one opens if I dont have something else to entertain me ;)

Disclaimer: I DO NOT have a problem, , I'm NOT addicted .... ok so maybe be a just a littlel bit ... :D

What's your Soccer Manager name?

What's your Soccer Manager name?

Sir Bobby Robson, have Swindon in 'the GOOD league'

Sir Bobby Robson, have Swindon in 'the GOOD league'

I need managers for a league or two. I sent you an invite. Let me know!

thanks for the offers mate but I'm holding out for macs on here to start .... and probably another GOLD championship ;)

• Advertisement

thanks for the offers mate but I'm holding out for macs on here to start .... and probably another GOLD championship ;)

No probs. I have some class leagues and always need good managers so keep in touch.

That one I told yous about - where I took the obscure clubs and gave them £300m each to start? For some reason that was all taken away after about half a season - what I mean is all the Unmanaged Clubs lost their £300m. Which was a bit annoying. And funny.

Advertisement