Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Gais Cold Calling

Options
  • 22-10-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Has anyone else had issues with Board Gais constantly calling their mobile phone during working hours? They have called me 6 times today, and although I have a voicemail facility they have not left any message. My account is fully up to date, so I can only guess this is some sales person.

It is extremely unprofessional to annoy a customer in such a manner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Someone slapped me on the wrist here before for telling a poster that maybe they weren't shouting loud enough.
    In your case I'd say you're definitely not shouting loud enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

emeldc wrote: »
    Someone slapped me on the wrist here before for telling a poster that maybe they weren't shouting loud enough.
    In your case I'd say you're definitely not shouting loud enough :rolleyes:

Such a helpful reply really. Thanks so much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

nicnac wrote: »
    Has anyone else had issues with Board Gais constantly calling their mobile phone during working hours? They have called me 6 times today, and although I have a voicemail facility they have not left any message. My account is fully up to date, so I can only guess this is some sales person.

It is extremely unprofessional to annoy a customer in such a manner.

How do you know its a sale person? If your already with them why would a sales person be calling you? If it was a sales person they wouldnt call 6 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Such a helpful reply really. Thanks so much[/QUOP

OP, I misread your first post. Out of the six times they rang you haven't actually answered the phone yet?
    Maybe they want to tell you your house is on fire. You'll never know until you answer the phone. I don't know why you are on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not every issue lends itself to a voicemail. Might be a good idea to answer the phone or call them back to find out what they want. Assuming it's a sales call is a bit presumptuous to be honest.

• Advertisement

Such a helpful reply really. Thanks so much[/QUOP

OP, I misread your first post. Out of the six times they rang you haven't actually answered the phone yet?
    Maybe they want to tell you your house is on fire. You'll never know until you answer the phone. I don't know why you are on here.

I work for living. Turns out it was a web survey! Warranting 6 calls to a customer!

The last time board gais called me it was a sales person, trying to get me to sign up for electricity too.

The reason I was on here is in my original post. I asked if anyone else had a similar issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I work for living. Turns out it was a web survey! Warranting 6 calls to a customer!

The last time board gais called me it was a sales person, trying to get me to sign up for electricity too.

The reason I was on here is in my original post. I asked if anyone else had a similar issue.
    OK. No I haven't had a similar issue as I will call missed calls back to see what they are. If it's a survey I'll do it if I have time (sometimes even get a reward from them for doing it) or I just politely say no. If it's sales, I again politely say no thank you and hang up.

OK. No I haven't had a similar issue as I will call missed calls back to see what they are. If it's a survey I'll do it if I have time (sometimes even get a reward from them for doing it) or I just politely say no. If it's sales, I again politely say no thank you and hang up.

I called back six times and got a recorded message. 6 times is excessive to call a customer for a survey in my opinion.

Advertisement