Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Management company sending letters now,never had eircom broadband working

Options
  • 22-10-2013 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Credit management company contacted today by letter. Can I get you to sort it out straight away. I have been threated in letter with debt collector calling to my door. This is beyond a joke, after all the promises I have received. Also worried that my credit rating will be damaged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Johngoose wrote: »
    Credit management company contacted today by letter. Can I get you to sort it out straight away. I have been threated in letter with debt collector calling to my door. This is beyond a joke, after all the promises I have received. Also worried that my credit rating will be damaged.

They are threatening you with a debt collection agency for non payment of a service you never had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Exactly 500 euro being demanded from debt collectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Exactly 500 euro being demanded from debt collectors.

Refuse to engage with debt collectors.

personally I would just laugh at them and say see you in court but would love to hear the ba k story on this?

I would like to assure you that you do not have to pay this. It does take some time to have such a large amount cleared by credit management. Please trust us on this.

I understand it's not helpful to receive a bill for this but please ignore requests for this payment and we will hopefully have this resolved within the next week or two.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Happened me before with Vodafone when they took over BT Broadband, a service I hadn't had in a few years. They reactivated some closed accounts and then sent threatening letters when the bills that were never sent out for a service not provided were not paid. Took ages to get it sorted. Same thing happened a year or so later again.

• Advertisement

Thanks for support bumper234

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Who are you talking to? Sorry, re-read missed that you are referring to Eircom. Surely you would be better in the Eircom thread

It seems in this country that if you make any contract, the company owns you

ye can look through my posts and see what I have gone through on boards.ie Over the phone Eircom will really send from pillar to post, their customer service over the phone stinks.

joeguevara I was talkng to Al on Boards.ie, he works for Eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

joeguevara I was talkng to Al on Boards.ie, he works for Eircom

Saw that now. What do you hope this thread will achieve? You gave no background to the story and was told by the Eircom Rep that you don't have to pay it.

I understand your frustration that a debt letter came to your house, but you have a written response telling you to ignore it. Multiple threads on the same topic, without giving an understanding to the background story seems likes overkill.

I do hope it all works out though.

joeguevara I gave background story in original posts, but can re-post original information. I wouldn't be on here again, only my credit rating is at stake. Also debt collectors make very threatening letters. I just want this sorted, thanks for your support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If what you say Eircom told you in post #5 was in writing or by email just send that to the debt collection agency. They will not waste time pursuing a non collectable debt.

Advertisement