Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking android phone with code

• 22-10-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Maybe some can help me here.

My contract is up on my current phone and I want to unlock it and five it to some-one else.

I requested the unlock code which I was sent with the instructions on how to do it.

They are as follows;

Instructions to unlock your Samsung gt-s5360maatsi phone:

Remove the SIM card from the phone
    Turn on your mobile phone
    Key the following into the main screen of the handset
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    The * (star) key is found under the number 7 on your keypad and the # (hash) key is found under the number 9 on your key pad
    Once you have it typed in, double check what you've entered so that it reads the same as this:
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    If it does then press #, and then press Send

If you enter the code and get a Code Error message or any other error message when you are trying to enter the unlock code, please reply to this email detailing the error
    Kind Regards

Now, the problem is , on my phone there is no "send" if you know what I mean. I can only go into the keypad to key in the code (it can't be done on the main screen as instructed) and once in the keypad you cannot press "send" as it isn't there. You can press the call or text buttons and these don't work.

Can anyone help me? My provider isn't being all that helpful, they just keep sending me the same intructions.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

ive entered a few of these unlock codes and i never had to press "send" once the code is entered correctly the phone should automatically unlock. you prob might even get a message on the screen say somethin like "the network access code has been entered your device is now unlocked".

you shouldnt have to press send once the last digit or * or # key is entered it should unlock straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Flaker

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No message has appeared on my screen to say the phone is unlocked.

I suppose I could try a different SIM to see if it's worked, but I'm not holding out much hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Just unlocked my sgs2 yesterday from 3.

Dunno about other networks/handsets, but in my case I had to insert a different network sim in it, where it then requested the unlock code.

Simple. 2 mins Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Flaker

Well that makes complete sense! Just a pity they don't put that in their instructions.

I am def going to try this...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DYING2DIY

Hi Flaker - I'm having the same problem - did you get sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

DYING2DIY wrote: »
    Hi Flaker - I'm having the same problem - did you get sorted?

Have you inserted a sim card from another network? - this is the usually the standard way of starting the unlocking process on the phone once you have the code to unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DYING2DIY

Thanks pizzahead - don't have another sim to hand but that makes sense. I just wanted to unlock a couple phones that Santa replaced before trying to sell them. That's Tesco Mobile instructions / customer service for ya....

Advertisement