If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punched in the chest !

Options
  • 22-10-2013 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭

Would you like a kidney where your shoulder should be ? (thanks JA)

This may seem like I've lost the plot but I just needed to fill you in on a demo that I had recently.

Monitor Audio have recently released the new ASB2 soundbar. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of soundbars compared to a decent 5.1 system, but oh my word,  this thing packs some punch.....(now the title makes sense)

The level of detail combined with control and serious depth make this bar the most impressive one to date.

O.K. it may not be the nicest looking thing on the planet and it may not provide proper surround sound, but with 3 speakers and a virtual sub on board, this bar really impresses....and I'm not easily impressed. The other thing about this bar is the array of connections, on screen menu, great stereo performance, airplay, wifi on board etc etc etc. The list goes on !

The long and short of this, this bar punches and can punch really hard so if you are looking for a bar to enhance TV sound, play your music on or provide a pretty serious home cinema performance, this is it.

I'm off to the doctors.

Dave

http://www.whathifi.com/news/monitor-audio-enters-the-soundbar-sector-with-%C2%A31000-asb-2

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&sub=156&productid=1423

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

asb-2-1.thumb.jpg
    Would you like a kidney where your shoulder should be ? (thanks JA)

This may seem like I've lost the plot but I just needed to fill you in on a demo that I had recently.

Monitor Audio have recently released the new ASB2 soundbar. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of soundbars compared to a decent 5.1 system, but oh my word,  this thing packs some punch.....(now the title makes sense)

The level of detail combined with control and serious depth make this bar the most impressive one to date.

O.K. it may not be the nicest looking thing on the planet and it may not provide proper surround sound, but with 3 speakers and a virtual sub on board, this bar really impresses....and I'm not easily impressed. The other thing about this bar is the array of connections, on screen menu, great stereo performance, airplay, wifi on board etc etc etc. The list goes on !

The long and short of this, this bar punches and can punch really hard so if you are looking for a bar to enhance TV sound, play your music on or provide a pretty serious home cinema performance, this is it.

I'm off to the doctors.

Dave

http://www.whathifi.com/news/monitor-audio-enters-the-soundbar-sector-with-%C2%A31000-asb-2

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&sub=156&productid=1423
    It ought to sound good...

...Its just won the What HiFi Award for best Soundbar £800+

Happy to do a launch deal on it with a 10% discount and free Boardie delivery..

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.