Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the PS Vita worth it?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Ive reserved one on the argos deal and I have the PS plus games downloaded, but is it worth it over say a tablet?

Plus the new Vita version is out in Europe soon

Ive gone for the 8GB card, is that enough for a few games?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Been asking myself this all day as I'm picking one up in a while, my worry is I'll get it and never use it, but I am going travelling in a few months so it'll probably be a godsend then. I have a tablet I can use for retro stuff and the vita for new releases. There's some decent looking games on it these days and the argos deal is brilliant, you'd pay more for one 2nd hand in fairness.

(I'm totally trying to talk myself into this btw :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Ive reserved one on the argos deal and I have the PS plus games downloaded, but is it worth it over say a tablet?

Plus the new Vita version is out in Europe soon

Ive gone for the 8GB card, is that enough for a few games?

thanks

1 definitely so, had a really long flight today and killing time now before i have to head onwards again and it is great, uncharted is awesome. ps plus will pay for your vita in no time aswell. I hadnt played it much until today but if its for a commute then its the job

2 i went for a 32 and im glad i did, i have a decent library of games now on my machine so depending on mood i have a great selection.(uncharted is like 3gb i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Very much worth it.

Gravity Rush is my personal favourite on the system.

Cant wait for the sequel.

System itself is a fantastic bit of hardware, beautiful screen, access to a lot of tablet type functionality. eg, I use skype on it quite a bit.

8gb card holds 2 or 3 full games max.

Personally that doesnt bother me as I only do one at a time but can see how it would annoy others.

I have two 8gb cards now as there is a deal on a 8gb card in smyths preloaded with Wipeout and LBP amongst others which were two games I was going to buy anyway. Its 35euro if I remember correctly.

My plan is to use one for indie games and the other for full titles from the PS plus membership.

Anyway get it. You wont regret it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Well how did you get on with the Vita?

Im stuck in two minds whether to get it as ill be getting the ps4 this month too

What's the battery & other features like? Big draw for me is that Football Manager is coming out for it.

Does anyone know if there are any good deals at the moment? Seen the Argos one mentioned on here, but thats expired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I was thinking of getting a Vita but I'm not sure about it. There doesn't seem to be a whole pile of games and the new LCD screen seems like a downgrade but I still haven't gone off the idea. I think the Vita could be sold better (like a better highlight of games).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I bought a vita around 6 months ago and I think it's fantastic. People who say there are no games for it havnt looked hard enough. There is some quality games for it. Look at killzone mercenary, persona 4, uncharted, little big planet, tearaway is out next week and a whole host of indie games. If you are getting a ps4 then it takes on a whole new level of value with second screen and remote play.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a Vita but I'm not sure about it. There doesn't seem to be a whole pile of games and the new LCD screen seems like a downgrade but I still haven't gone off the idea. I think the Vita could be sold better (like a better highlight of games).

The LCD screen version hasn't been released here yet. OLED is still the standard.

Does anyone know if there are any good deals at the moment? Seen the Argos one mentioned on here, but thats expired

I bought the Killzone bundle in Gamestop last week. Comes with Killzone Mercs download code and a 8GB card for 170. Pretty good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

The LCD screen version hasn't been released here yet. OLED is still the standard..

Would you wait and try to get the Vita 200 LCD or the current OLED ?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Would you wait and try to get the Vita 200 LCD or the current OLED ?

I'd get the OLED. I have it for over a year now and i LOVE IT!

New model has some nice features like better battery, small internal memory, slimmer design.. etc.

But i wouldnt swap any of that instead of the OLED screen.

If you plan to use remote play with PS4 a lot then the OLED will make the games look way better.

So IMO.. Get a OLED Vita before they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I bought the Killzone bundle in Gamestop last week. Comes with Killzone Mercs download code and a 8GB card for 170. Pretty good value.

Sweet, thats a good deal alright

With regards to the memory, would the 8GB be used up pretty quickly or will it take me a while to get through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Sweet, thats a good deal alright

With regards to the memory, would the 8GB be used up pretty quickly or will it take me a while to get through?

If you have PS+ then its gonna fill up pretty much straight away. Killzone is about 4GB on its own. And plenty of other titles are 2-3 GB. Still, you'll get a few on it and it's handy enough to delete and redownload.

Advertisement