Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage in credit

Options
  • 22-10-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My mortgage is 1200 in credit can I get this money refunded to my current account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

mcko wrote: »
    Hi
    My mortgage is 1200 in credit can I get this money refunded to my current account.

Most likely no. If it was just transferred today in error, then possibly but, in general, the banks would refuse to put it back to your current account as you'll have been availing of the interest benefit of it being in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

If the balance on the mortgage account is in credit (fully paid off), then yes. What I suspect you mean is that an extra repayment of €1200 has been made, then probably not as above, but you should ask the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Thanks for all replies yeah it's an extra payment.

Advertisement