Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC problems tonight?

• 22-10-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I seem to be getting very low download speeds tonight.

When I carried out a speedtest I noticed its routing through Eniskillen. Is that normal?

Anyone else having issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

quarryman wrote: »

When I carried out a speedtest I noticed its routing through Eniskillen. Is that normal?

Internet fine but can't get onto the tv, it's asking me for a 3 digit set up code, can't call them for it, lines too busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭DecTenToo

Sidney77 wrote: »
    Internet fine but can't get onto the tv, it's asking me for a 3 digit set up code, can't call them for it, lines too busy.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/256

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

There was a problem with phone service earlier today. Solution was to switch off modem and switch back on again. I also noticed a few of the TV channels weren't coming through so switched off the box for a few seconds and that has resolved the issue. There has been no problem with broadband. Speed is currently 21.78 on wireless. Would be over 50 hard wired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Bodhran wrote: »
    Solution was to switch off modem and switch back on again.

That's ALWAYS the first solution.

Not saying that it doesn't work but it is what they will initially suggest for every BB issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Reset the modem with no luck ...broadband down since before midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 rinleezwins

This has been happening in Newbridge for the past week. It happens during day time and goes on for about 30 minute, restarting the router won't help either.

2f0884n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Problem for me went away after a couple of hours. Strange one. D/L speeds were very slow. All good now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

quarryman wrote: »

This is interesting - as since last Wednesday when I was upgraded to 200meg, the only site on speedtest.net that showed me getting 200meg was the Eniskillen node.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

been coming and going for me. it's been spotty for a few months now but it's been unacceptable the last few days. it was actually completely unusable the last half an hour.

Have people been reporting it? What do they say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

ondafly wrote: »
    This is interesting - as since last Wednesday when I was upgraded to 200meg, the only site on speedtest.net that showed me getting 200meg was the Eniskillen node.

Possible Reason for this is Eircom/Vodafone/Digiweb Dublin Servers cant reach 200 MB speed test

As far as I know the max they reach is 150 MB - 160 MB

While Eniskillen Server does reach above 200 MB

This may be one of the reasons for wrong speed test results

As Before this there was not a expected 200 MB tests been expected and is something wrong how the servers run speed tests

I might be Wrong of course but as Only UPC offer 200 MB
    Eircom or Vodafone or others users wont get a chance to test 200 MB

UPC Speed Test on there site uses Dublin Eircom or Digiweb servers most times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

paulboland wrote: »
    Possible Reason for this is Eircom/Vodafone/Digiweb Dublin Servers cant reach 200 MB speed test

I tested 200 MB last year, with an upgrade we did to our corporate link - so I know the Dublin links had the potential in the past :o

Advertisement