Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.0.3 is out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

guil wrote: »
    Can't believe how quick it is opening and closing apps with reduce motion enabled.

Yeah, I turned on this feature (Settings > Accessibility) and appears to be slightly snappier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is it worth installing on an iPhone 4 or will it simply worsen it even more than it is already?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Updated on iphone 5 but my imessage doesn't seem to be working unless I'm connected to wifi, happen anybody else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried restarting the phone? Press and hold home and sleep button until the apple logo appears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple's Podcasts app has (finally) been updated for iOS 7. Has any other Apple app gone through as many UI changes in a such a short period as this app? Every time it's updated they are totally changing things. Looks good, though, shame I already jumped ship to Pocket Casts. I may be tempted back for iCloud sync, which if I'm not mistaken is actually working properly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

guil wrote: »
    Have you tried restarting the phone? Press and hold home and sleep button until the apple logo appears.

Just tried that there, no joy tho, still not working.

EDIT: Working now, wrote out a message and left it to see if the green send button turned to blue and it did after about a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Apple's Podcasts app has (finally) been updated for iOS 7. Has any other Apple app gone through as many UI changes in a such a short period as this app? Every time it's updated they are totally changing things. Looks good, though, shame I already jumped ship to Pocket Casts. I may be tempted back for iCloud sync, which if I'm not mistaken is actually working properly now.
    From what I remember, it always looked terrible. Must give it an update to see what it's like now.

Am I missing something or has iBooks yet to be updated? Couldn't be too hard to update it, just give it the same look as Newstand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Could do with an iBooks update pretty soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Could do with an iBooks update pretty soon.

And also Find My Friends; I think that and iBooks and Remote are the only non-updated apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Zcott wrote: »
    And also Find My Friends; I think that and iBooks and Remote are the only non-updated apps.

Find My Friends is the only piece of Rich Corinthian Leather left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

dloob wrote: »
    Find My Friends is the only piece of Rich Corinthian Leather left.

Maybe they're keeping it as a museum piece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I updated last night. Initial impressions are that I think my phone is slightly less snappy. But that could be in my head. Hoping that it helps the drop in battery performance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Safari is still quitting when browsing boards threads containing Youtube videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BDJW wrote: »
    I updated last night. Initial impressions are that I think my phone is slightly less snappy. But that could be in my head. Hoping that it helps the drop in battery performance

Strange, I've done the motion off and with the animations off I found the phone an awful lot faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just updated my Iphone 4s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Just updated my Iphone 4s.

You happy with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Son0vagun wrote: »
    You happy with it?

I'm happy since I done mine... And turned the motion off.. Getting my 5s in 2 weeks tho :-)

I regret updating mine now. It looks horrible. I can't do anything on 3G. And I can't open my iTunes Store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I regret updating mine now. It looks horrible. I can't do anything on 3G. And I can't open my iTunes Store.

Whipe via laptop and re install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Delta2113

You happy with it?

- no difference - I only bought mine new a few weeks ago and it came installed with 7.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've just updated my 4 and I have to say its much quicker now, thankfully. Still do t like the childish basic graphics/icons but due an upgrade and will get a 5S when all the silliness dies down and they're available without having to beg or made feel second rate by the trained monkeys in the phone shop who are only interested in new customers at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

When I answer the phone and I say hello...nobody can hear me, and I must say it again. This is annoying.

I had 6 dropped calls on Friday, and many times when people couldn't hear me at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Update destroyed my battery life. WiFi Networking in System Location Services seems to be the culprit. Apple just can't seem to get these background location services working properly. I have nearly all of them disabled due to similar issues in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I've noticed this has been running a lot on mine too. What exactly does it do?

Frequent locations is another that seems to be on a lot. What's this one for?

I imagine it's for the today view in the notification tray for the iPhone to learn your usual routines and such similar to what Google Now does. That's what I remember from the original iOS 7 keynote at WWDC anyway.

I have all location services off bar Find my iPhone & Siri.

Ok so I went to do a restall. Connected phone to iTunes on my PC and was informed I needed to update my iTunes to 11.0.2 or something. And it won't download. I've tried from Apple.ie and from iTunes itself. Not sure if it is my PC or a iTunes problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Just got 7 emails to my phone which were sent tha morning. So, mail push ain't working properly. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Well 7.0.3 hasn't helped my poor battery life on my iPhone 5 which started when I downloaded iOS 7 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Mine won't finish synching with my PC, message at the top says finishing sync but stuck there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

7.0.3 working great. I think the battery is now lasting longer than with 6. No troubles. Loving 7!!

Advertisement