Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.0.3 is out!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sticking with iOS 6 for the time being so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Does anyone deliberately wait until a couple of months go by before updating ios?

Just let everyone else do the debugging for ya, I mean were on ios 7.003 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Keno wrote: »
    Sticking with iOS 6 for the time being so.

Wish I had stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Update destroyed my battery life. WiFi Networking in System Location Services seems to be the culprit. Apple just can't seem to get these background location services working properly. I have nearly all of them disabled due to similar issues in the past.

After updating to 7.0.3 battery started draining a lot quicker than with 7.0.2, however after turning off iCloud Keychain it is much improved again. Worked for me, might work for others having problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Seems to be working ok for me........so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Right, I have a bit of a pain in my face with the crap battery life on my iPhone 5 since I upgraded to iOS 7. I have messed around with the settings, and turned off a lot of settings that I was using on iOS 6 and it hasn't helped. What options do I have left? I don't want to wipe the phone and lose all my apps/texts/photos etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Yeah, I've found the battery pretty poor since updating, despite the battery life being noticeably better prior to upgrading to iOS 7 and despite doing a restore from backup and also a restore as a new phone.

One thing I noticed absolutely drains the battery is personal hotspot. I had it on by accident and my phone was losing a massive amount of battery overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

BDJW wrote: »
    Right, I have a bit of a pain in my face with the crap battery life on my iPhone 5 since I upgraded to iOS 7. I have messed around with the settings, and turned off a lot of settings that I was using on iOS 6 and it hasn't helped. What options do I have left? I don't want to wipe the phone and lose all my apps/texts/photos etc.

Why would you lose the apps and photos ? Maybe the txts. But the others should be in iTunes ....

What about background app refresh ? Push email etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mine still crashes every now and then when switching between apps. Disappointing. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Wipe and restore from an iCloud backup. Pulls down all your texts, photos, apps, phone call history...pretty much everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Updated software against my better judgement. Lost all but a few contacts. Don't like the icons either. Can I go back to the previous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Gin77 wrote: »
    Updated software against my better judgement. Lost all but a few contacts. Don't like the icons either. Can I go back to the previous?

No :-(

Zcott wrote: »
    Wipe and restore from an iCloud backup. Pulls down all your texts, photos, apps, phone call history...pretty much everything.

Did this tonight. Will be interesting to see if it makes any difference tomorrow

Has anyone tried the update on iPad Mini ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

agfasfos wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the update on iPad Mini ?.

My sister has and no complaints so far.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

For what it's worth, iOS 7.0.3 seemed to have absolutely destroyed my battery. Immediately after updating it was draining really quickly and turning off with quite a bit of battery left (the highest I saw was 23% odd) I tried everything (restores, settings etc.) but was barely getting a day out of it with pretty mild use. So I had the phone replaced under warranty yesterday and the battery life is back to normal. I've used it quite a bit this morning and it's still on high 70s for battery.

It hasn't had made any difference to my battery life as far as I can see, I did make sure that Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, were all disabled after install & only enable them when I need to, Location Services always seemed to be a big battery drain as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Check out Location System Services. Make sure the status bar icon is enabled and keep an eye on them. They are buggy and you may need to disable them if they misbehave. I've been having battery drain problems with them since iOS 5. I suspect the issue only affects non-US users which is why Apple are slow to fix them.

I'm getting a fairly solid 7 to 9 hours usage with over a day's standby time out of my iPhone 5. A little bit less than I was getting with iOS 6, but the phone/battery is almost a year old now.

Battery life on my iPad Air is fantastic. I think got over 13 hours the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Check out Location System Services. Make sure the status bar icon is enabled and keep an eye on them. They are buggy and you may need to disable them if they misbehave. I've been having battery drain problems with them since iOS 5. I suspect the issue only affects non-US users which is why Apple are slow to fix them.

I'm getting a fairly solid 7 to 9 hours usage with over a day's standby time out of my iPhone 5. A little bit less than I was getting with iOS 6, but the phone/battery is almost a year old now.

Battery life on my iPad Air is fantastic. I think got over 13 hours the other day.

Mine is also excellent on my iPhone 5. I actually have locations services on permanently for loads of apps.

But I do keep Bluetooth off, Background app refresh off for most apps, and wifi off when I leave wifi areas, and push notification for email OFF.

I don't see these steps as being a problem. They are unnecessary to keep on all the time and can easily be turned on when needed.

• Advertisement

Did this tonight. Will be interesting to see if it makes any difference tomorrow

It made a small bit of a difference yesterday, but today it seems to be exactly back to what it was like with iOS 6. Not that it makes much difference at the moment as I rang Apple this morning and ordered an express replacement as the home button on my 5 started turning a small bit a few months ago and as my warrenty is up next week, thought I should get it sorted before then

Advertisement