Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so difficult to cancel a efibre order?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I ordered efibre on the 7th of October. I received the email welcoming me to eircom but no order number. I waited till Friday but still got no word so I rang 1901 to get an update on my order. The rep I spoke with told me that my order was waiting to be processed and that I should ring back on Monday. I did so and I got the same line.
    During my online order I requested installation on the 17th. I had booked a day off work so I waited in hope. When I heard nothing I made another call. This time I spoke with a girl called Rachel, she struggled for 10mins to find my order. She then told me she had found it and all looked fine. At this point I asked for my order number as it was proving very difficult for any one to find my order when I called. She told me I didn't need one just use my address. I found this strange but she said she was going to transfer me to installation dept to set a date for my installation. 
    However she transferred me back to sales where I once again had to go through the whole thing again. This time Eoin who I was dealing with explained that he could not find my order and that there was a big issue with online orders. My order never went through so he asked me to sign up again. I was going to but then I thought about the whole messy situation and decided against it. I told him to leave it. I then called Digiweb and placed an order with them. However two hours later I received a email from eircom saying my order had been processed!!I rang again and cancelled explaining that I had decided to go with Digiweb as eircom had messed up my initial order and if this was the way eircom dealt with a new customer, what would the service be like if I had a tech issue??

So surely that was that. eFibre canceled and all I had to do was wait for Digiweb to come and install my broadband.

Not a chance!
    For the next 4 days I received a text from eircom informing me that my broadband would be installed on the 21st! I got this text twice each day and each time I called 1901 to cancel my non existing order. I was told each and every time that it was cancelled. On the final day I was quite irate and was told it was "100% cancelled and I would not hear from eircom again"

But on Monday the 21st I got another text and at 12pm a guy turned up to fit my fibre box! I couldn't believe it when the wife called me at work. I spoke with the guy and explained the situation. 

Now today I received a call from Digiweb informing me that eircom had rejected there request to install my broadband as I already had a order in with them! 

To say I am annoyed and disappointed at this stage is a understatement. 

I spoke with a very nice girl today in eircom who was very apologetic and sympathetic, she told me there was no notes on my account and the order was still active!Cancelations were closed as it was after 5 so its another phone call tomorrow. Crazy stuff.

I just want to get fibre broadband installed by Digiweb and cant believe what a mess eircom have made out of my initial order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

Just spent 30 mins trying to get through to customer care with no joy.

Order number is 515727. Please cancel this order once and for all. Hope I never have to deal with Eircom again . Worst service I have ever experienced.

jdonagh wrote: »

Order number is 515727. Please cancel this order once and for all. Hope I never have to deal with Eircom again . Worst service I have ever experienced.

It gets better, today I received a direct debit confirmation letter with someone else's name and full bank details.

Data protection anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

It gets better, today I received a direct debit confirmation letter with someone else's name and full bank details.

Data protection anyone?

Hi jdonagh,

I'm very sorry to hear of all the issues you are having with ourselves in relation to cancelling the Fibre order. I have checked this in the system and it has been sent off for cancellation however it does take some time. I understand this must be frustrating for you to have to deal with but I can reassure you it is in hand.
    Please accept my sincere apologises in relation to the confirmation letter with the wrong details on it being sent to you. That was an error on our part and should not have happened.

Thanks

Tracey

Data protection anyone?

Hi jdonagh,

I'm very sorry to hear of all the issues you are having with ourselves in relation to cancelling the Fibre order. I have checked this in the system and it has been sent off for cancellation however it does take some time. I understand this must be frustrating for you to have to deal with but I can reassure you it is in hand.
    Please accept my sincere apologises in relation to the confirmation letter with the wrong details on it being sent to you. That was an error on our part and should not have happened.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Thank you for the reply.

However this issue is still unresolved. 

I spoke with a very helpful guy in cancelations this evening but was left dumbfounded by what I was told. I was told eircom could not give me a date on when this order could be cancelled as the system that is used to put through the "Tasks" is not working. There are currently 478 customers waiting to get this service cancelled but it is simply not possible. He also said that even if someone rang up a efibre issue it could not be fixed as this system does it all. He spoke with his supervisor before coming back with this information, I honestly couldn't believe me ears.

Surely this can't be so difficult? All I want is to cancel the above order and get my line opened so Digiweb can install their service. As they are using the eircom line it is still revenue coming into eircom so why the big delay? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Data protection anyone?

Hi jdonagh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Thank you for the reply.

I spoke with a very helpful guy in cancelations this evening but was left dumbfounded by what I was told. I was told eircom could not give me a date on when this order could be cancelled as the system that is used to put through the "Tasks" is not working. There are currently 478 customers waiting to get this service cancelled but it is simply not possible. He also said that even if someone rang up a efibre issue it could not be fixed as this system does it all. He spoke with his supervisor before coming back with this information, I honestly couldn't believe me ears.

Surely this can't be so difficult? All I want is to cancel the above order and get my line opened so Digiweb can install their service. As they are using the eircom line it is still revenue coming into eircom so why the big delay? 
    Hi jdonagh

I have sent another request to the efibre escalation team to follow up the cancellation of the account / order that you requested on the 22/10/13. I have requested they call you in the next 24 hours.

Thanks, Mark 

• Advertisement

Data protection anyone?

Hi jdonagh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Thank you for the reply.

Hi jdonagh

I have sent another request to the efibre escalation team to follow up the cancellation of the account / order that you requested on the 22/10/13. I have requested they call you in the next 24 hours.

Thanks, Mark 
    Hi Mark

Thank you for your reply but I still haven't received a call from eircom and I'm still waiting on my account to be cancelled. This is now day 20 waiting for my line to become free.

Regards

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Data protection anyone?

Hi jdonagh,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

Thank you for the reply.

Hi jdonagh

Thanks, Mark 
    Hi Mark

Thank you for your reply but I still haven't received a call from eircom and I'm still waiting on my account to be cancelled. This is now day 20 waiting for my line to become free.

Regards

John
    Hi John,

Apologies, I have sent another follow up to our initial request on the 31/10/13. Can you confirm your mobile number via private message as well please.

Mark

Advertisement