Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back Tattoo

• 22-10-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

So I have committed to getting my back piece done with my artist and two things have happened....

1: Im very excited :D

2: im very nervous.....but I dont know why???

Im already fairly heavily tattooed, one full sleeve, legs well covered all stuff that can be covered up for work.

For some reason im a bit anxious about such a really large piece of work to be done.

Any way who here has their backs done and what is it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What ya getting done? I only have a small piece on my back been saving it till I can think of something epic for it Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Have my back done. Took two sittings.
    Outline killed me. Talking biting chair pain. The shading in was fine. Near fell asleep. Was only 16 getting it done but I remember like yourself I was really excited but nervous aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Going with an old school pirate ship at sea.... Been something I wanted to get for a long long time....artist reckons 4 x 4hr sittings!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

feelpablo wrote: »
    Going with an old school pirate ship at sea.... Been something I wanted to get for a long long time....artist reckons 4 x 4hr sittings!!!!

Nice I like the sounds of that. Black and grey or colour? Who is the artist? If you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sounds good. As Marty said black and grey would look deadly with maybe some dark mist under it.
    I've a angle of death on my back and I plan on getting the four horses of the apocalypse under but without the riders. Most people don't know but the the horsemen haven't much to do with the apocalypse at all. All about the horses. So when I told my tattooist ages ago he was pretty impressed as he hasn't seen it been done yet. All in good time to get it done

• Advertisement

Nice I like the sounds of that. Black and grey or colour? Who is the artist? If you don't mind me asking.

Not at all!! Z from fat cat in Sligo will be doing it, I get my work from him and Rob mulligan so it was a toss up between them...

I think Z's old school suits thus better and also leaves a lot less travelling for me!!

Will be going colour but will be dark colours, purples and blacks and the likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Any way who here has their backs done and what is it!!

Started mine a few years ago and still haven't got it finished yet. Have the main image done, just all the background left. Since then though I've got both sleeves done and most of my chest and stomach etc. Saving the back for last I guess.
    I got the Paul Booth painting 'Lamb of God'..........a lambs head on a babies body being crucified......... :) I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Not at all!! Z from fat cat in Sligo will be doing it, I get my work from him and Rob mulligan so it was a toss up between them...

I think Z's old school suits thus better and also leaves a lot less travelling for me!!

Will be going colour but will be dark colours, purples and blacks and the likes

Z is great at old school. I'd find it hard to pick someone who could match him. Saw his owl piece on facebook few months back. Loved his colourwork on it.

Can't wait to see what he does for ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i have a fairly large black and grey wolverine on my back that i got after my son Logan was born.found the back quite a comfortable spot to get tattooed,or then again maybe i just repressed the feeling

• Advertisement

I've 6 now and back is definitely still the worst I've had, thought it was absolute torture and I usually fly through it and get a kick out of the pain.

Thinking of starting a full back myself next year or the year after and I'm fairly dreading it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I have two on my back, a big one and a small one.....well, small as in 6" x 4", it was still about 6 hours work. The other one is Alien, it was 3 days (18 hours) work. It was pretty ok for the most part, but after about 5 hours each day, it started to hurt a bit. The closer he got to the spine the more it hurt. But it's manageable. Best of luck with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Got my back done 9yrs ago - Outline only never gone back to get the shading .....

Saying that i have since got a sleeve and shoulder / chest work done.
    Il get it finished one day hahah

It's a Crazy Horse / Native American piece

so today was the first day...outline is done!!!

Again I was nearly having an anxiety attack (which may I add I never had before!!) lying on the table but that old buzz and the feeling of the needle took that away!!

pic to follow as soon as I upload it!!

Yeah saw the pic of the stencil on facebook earlier and remembered this thread straight away, it's looking good. Nice and big!

11936304263_754c9ff767_z.jpg
    1502524_632030163528442_708736279_n by niallt, on Flickr

Still have lightning, clouds and the jolly rodger to fill in but we were both done at this stage!!

I also realise I way over indulged this Christmas...back running this week so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

I also realise I way over indulged this Christmas...back running this week so!!

You ain't the only one pal :)

Advertisement