Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Fraud

Options
  • 22-10-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I NEED HELP AND ADVICE!!

Well basically i have three business's (Id prefer not to mention the 3 business's) but basically the recession hit all three of them. I was losing more and more money each day. It was heart breaking to see all three, which i had put my life and soul into, just become a weak business not able to cover the cost of bills. I tried everything but nothing seemed to be working, the stress was building and i was running out of ideas when i was told about web sites, now im not one for technology, i wouldn't know anything if I'm being honest. So i got onto web designers, i came across this company of where i wont mention on this.

He talked me through web design and what he was going to create for me and how it is going to change my business's back into trading successful. He told me how web sites work and how the future is going to be all about web sites and ordering from it. So as ya do, i went along with it, he appeared to know what he was talking about. So he began to build the three websites for me, the communication throughout the process was terrine, they would say they would have so much done by week 2 but that would turn into week 4 or even week 6, now we had set a deadline, but it got pushed back and back and back.

Il just skip ahead and basically tell you why im writing this, i paid 35,000 and well iv got 3 unfinished websites and 3 stores closed due to them not making money. The websites were never done properly, he and his team took so long that i just couldn't keep them open as i was losing so much money.

What i want to know is..
    Are these websites mine or his?
    Are they worth money?
    Can i get back some money from him?
    Can i sell them?

Im disgusted with the company. Bare in mind, our first meeting was around October 2011 and i had to close the three shops January 2013.. so in that time frame the company failed. Who needs that much time to create the websites?

He took my money and what he done with it i honestly don't know.

As iv said before i know very little about web design and technology so im not sure how to go about this? If people could get back to me , id be very thank full!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This isn't the correct forum for such a query. You'll probably need to seek legal advice (which cannot be discussed on here) regarding this. You can re-post in the Design forum if you wish, where it would possibly be best suited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement