Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get 600 points in LC?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, I'm a Junior Cert student currently and hence, am studying reasonably hard. I have high hopes for my future and would love to go into a career of medicine, and so, was wondering what I should start doing in preparation to attain high enough Leaving Cert points to be accepted for school of medicine after the Leaving Cert. I am positive of what I want to do and will go to high extents to do it. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If you work hard, you will get what you want. If you don't work hard and you know you could of done better, you won't get what you want.

It's as simple as that, no point asking for a 1000 word detailed paragraph on how to achieve 600 points as everyone works differently so some people may require less word while others more.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 maedhbh_mac

If you're sure that medicine is what you want (and bear in mind that that could change by the time you're filling in your CAO) then you already know which subjects you're going to have to be doing for the Leaving i.e. HL maths, 2 HL sciences. In many ways, this puts you in a great position because you know which subjects you'll be keeping and you'll be able to assess yourself how much work you'll need to be doing to excel in them.

But DublinArnie is correct in saying that there's no one size fits all study method. You should approach the JC as an opportunity to figure out what works best for you with regards exam technique - this is something that you'll want to work out sooner rather than later, especially considering the amount of exams that medicine students have to sit...

Advertisement