Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalty Offer - Contract?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Good Afternoon. 

I was down in my nan and grandad's earlier today and my grandad has just received a letter from Eircom stating:

We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. As a valued Eircom customer we remain committed to continually improving all of our services.

I rang this evening to remove the phone rental fee from his account and was informed this could not be done.

We discovered that on the 10th of October he was signed up for a new 12 month contract upon acceptance of a loyalty offer.

He never called anyone looking for this and was told it was in relation to a loyalty offer on his account that he accepted on the aforementioned date via that letter. 

My granddad never rang up on this date and the agent (Michael) confirmed it was an outbound call that had been made to him.

We would like to listen to this call to hear my granddad whom is the account holder, consenting to and accepting the terms and conditions of a new contract for our investigation with comreg into this matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just on the phone to a lynn in "loyalty" and have been on hold for 7 minutes and was hung up on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

allanb49 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon. 

I was down in my nan and grandad's earlier today and my grandad has just received a letter from Eircom stating:

We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. As a valued Eircom customer we remain committed to continually improving all of our services.

I rang this evening to remove the phone rental fee from his account and was informed this could not be done.

We discovered that on the 10th of October he was signed up for a new 12 month contract upon acceptance of a loyalty offer.

He never called anyone looking for this and was told it was in relation to a loyalty offer on his account that he accepted on the aforementioned date via that letter. 

My granddad never rang up on this date and the agent (Michael) confirmed it was an outbound call that had been made to him.

We would like to listen to this call to hear my granddad whom is the account holder, consenting to and accepting the terms and conditions of a new contract for our investigation with comreg into this matter.

Hi allanb49,

I'm afraid we do not have the facility to listen to calls here from my channel nor retrieve them for you to listen to.

To get this organised you will need to log a formal complaint, they'll will investigate this for you and retrieve the call. I have sent you the complaints details via PM.

Sorry I can't help youany further from here.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement