Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

massey ferguson brakes

• 22-10-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi..i have a massey ferguson 168 with wet brakes and when i go to slow down or stop the brakes groan or squeel...could anybody piont me in the direction of fixing the problem. any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

Sounds like metal to metal!! You need to replace Your brake disc's ! straight forward job, if You are anyway half handy with the spanners!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

it could also be oil degrading and losing the anti-squeal additive I assume you are using Back-axle oil suitable for wet - brakes,if brakes are old its best replace them, if reasonably new or if tractor unused for a while get a can of anti - squeal additive from MF dealer and try it, squeal should disappear quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

Also,to add, is there much travel in foot brake??

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Masseymad

well imon the road every day of the year with her :) only started there recently, but the brakes are still good...the pedals go down a small bit but not to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

was rear axle oil recently changed ? say less than 100 hrs,
    do you use tipping trailers other than your own or hydraulic equipment used on other tractors without first draining off oil in rams, if you do it can cause squeal
    try changing oil when hot to clean out rear ,heard of mf 290 with grit problem that had to be flushed out but hydraulics were gone slow as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement