Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens' rugby Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

molloyjh wrote: »
    Any word on who pulled out of the AIs on us?
    not heard who.

Ireland lost 15-13

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ireland lost 15-13

Only got to see a few snippets. From what I saw we were the better team in general, but just coughed up the ball through silly errors and ill discipline at key moments. At one stage we had a line out just inside our 22. Mauled from there to just outside our 10m line and won a penalty. A minute or two later we coughed up the ball at the ruck when we looked like we were motoring. Just robbed ourselves of momentum like that a few times that I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

molloyjh wrote: »
    Only got to see a few snippets. From what I saw we were the better team in general, but just coughed up the ball through silly errors and ill discipline at key moments. At one stage we had a line out just inside our 22. Mauled from there to just outside our 10m line and won a penalty. A minute or two later we coughed up the ball at the ruck when we looked like we were motoring. Just robbed ourselves of momentum like that a few times that I saw.

Game plan looked like it was there. Execution was definitely not. No real continuity. Was there a point in the entire game we had the ball for more than 8 phases?

Not a bad development for some younger players.

Good positives to take out of some individual performances.

Ellen Murphy looks quite assured and capable there and has a positive partnership with Cronin whose passing was lovely yesterday.

Considine was a class above also. Excellent pace shown.

Ciara Griffin was pick of the bunch for me though. Phenomenal performance I thought.

Leinster beaten by quins in first womens club game to be played in Twickenham.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The team has started really well here against Scotland - looks much better than any of the performances in last year's so far. Much better passing and fluidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Some serious wheels on Beibhinn Parsons for her intercept try today

bilston wrote: »
    Some serious wheels on Beibhinn Parsons for her intercept try today
    doing exactly what she's done at every level she's played.

Dates for next years world cup announced so if we make it will be pool games on September 18/23/28 with knock outs on October 3/9/16

Irish tight head needed to give that onto 12 and we were in, she was looking for the offload - don't know why she didn't release the ball.

Edit: In anyway, strong performance from Ireland so far.

• Advertisement

Parsons has had a real impact on this team, along with Moloney coming back from injury

Parsons has had a real impact on this team, along with Moloney coming back from injury
    totally.
    Been very impressive any time ball has came out to he back 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

No stopping that tight head. Great try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Bonus point try. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Weather is about to hit this game in a big way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is farcical, backline can’t see with the rain lashing into them. Referee had to shout into the front row directly before the scrum.

Knock on being missed now and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched the start and until the half and just turned it back on and the weather has gone from very strong wind to messy conditions.

tumblr_ptiwucmxKl1rpduwho1_500.gif?w=817&ssl=1

What a finish - props to the ladies on an excellent performance till the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Well done to the ladies!

Great game and very entertaining to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Missed the last 15 mins, final score please?

31-12 - penalty try at the end.
    Shocking conditions for the last 25 minutes or so.

Thanks was watching until the recording stopped.
    Have to be over to a Welsh neighbours house to watch a rugby round up tv program, I'd imagine the invite might be withdrawn last min.

This gives some idea of how bad it was.

Also, apparently there was no hot water in the Welsh changing room. Pretty poor form there. Is that Old Wesley's changing rooms?

prawnsambo wrote: »
    This gives some ideal of how bad it was.

Also, apparently there was no hot water in the Welsh changing room. Pretty poor form there. Is that Old Wesley's changing rooms?
    think Welsh were in bective with Ireland in Wesley. Poor form allright

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That's ridiculous. I actually joked during the second half that I hoped someone made sure both teams had hot water to retreat to at full time. Someone should get a lot of grief over that.

Didnt see much of the game, but was very impressed with the forwards from what I did see. Bossed the contact really well. And the back 3 looked dangerous. Lots of positive signs this week and last.

Some alternative amenities were provided. IRFU has apologised.

Hot Watergate is solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Some people are still trying to pin it on a complete disregard for Women's sport....

I'm not overly surprised something like this happened given the condition that Bective is in. But it is incredibly unfortunate all the same.

A hot shower would be my only consolation losing a game in those conditions.

• Advertisement

It's horrible for a young man playing away from home and not having a decent shower.
    Can't imagine what it's like for a young lady, well I can but that's a bit pervy.

Advertisement