Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens' rugby Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭99nsr125

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Why are you trolling the women's rugby conversation?

Highlighting an exceptionally weak performance and suggesting it would have been better the challenge wasn't accepted could only attract a trolling
    descriptionn if it wasn't true but sadly it is.

I've used semantics there to describe the performance but it is exactly the same as previously posted.

Here I'll expand the forfeit point

The women get beaten badly it damages them and the game.

To expect any other result is ridiculous

They are an amateur team against a not quite but certainly a more professional team.

To hype the game, give covid exemptions
    and then televise it serves only to demean, discredit, destroy the game and disillusion anyone who might perhaps have contemplated playing or supporting.

It only tales a few such performances to entrench this.

People / organizations / companies that heed criticism are the ones that succeed the ones that allow criticism to fall on deaf ears or bull ahead with a preconceived idea because it's in vogue are doomed to failure.

Think our housing boom of the naughties

They should never have played, voicing that opinion is unpopular and gets you insulted and sanctioned but not to voice it gives no balance and is tantamount to lauding a performance that is damaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Highlighting an exceptionally weak performance and suggesting it would have been better the challenge wasn't accepted could only attract a trolling
    descriptionn if it wasn't true but sadly it is.

I've used semantics there to describe the performance but it is exactly the same as previously posted.

Here I'll expand the forfeit point

The women get beaten badly it damages them and the game.

To expect any other result is ridiculous

They are an amateur team against a not quite but certainly a more professional team.

To hype the game, give covid exemptions
    and then televise it serves only to demean, discredit, destroy the game and disillusion anyone who might perhaps have contemplated playing or supporting.

It only tales a few such performances to entrench this.

People / organizations / companies that heed criticism are the ones that succeed the ones that allow criticism to fall on deaf ears or bull ahead with a preconceived idea because it's in vogue are doomed to failure.

Think our housing boom of the naughties

They should never have played, voicing that opinion is unpopular and gets you insulted and sanctioned but not to voice it gives no balance and is tantamount to lauding a performance that is damaging.
    It was a poor performance. They were well beaten up front but saying they should never have played does nothing.
    There has been plenty of criticism here from posters who've commented regularly on the women's game/have been involved in the womens game in Ireland.
    The game wasnt hyped by being played when others were not due to covid.
    Televising it doesnt demean or discredit the players, the team or the set up and certainly wont disillusion too many from playing the game.
    The irish team didnt go all that well in the world cup in 2017 where we were hosts and it did little to stop more and more girls from starting to play the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

https://www.the42.ie/ireland-three-changes-debuts-5417238-Apr2021/

Flood and Murphy-Crowe to start. No sign of Molloy at all.

I've been really impressed with Flood thus far. She's had a super career at Sevens and seems to have transitioned comfortably to fifteens.

She's a very complete skillset - her comfort at passing off both hands sets her apart. Can sling a 20m+ pass with ease. Good pace and defense too.

Excited to see what she can do from the off.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,790 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.the42.ie/ireland-three-changes-debuts-5417238-Apr2021/

Flood and Murphy-Crowe to start. No sign of Molloy at all.

I've been really impressed with Flood thus far. She's had a super career at Sevens and seems to have transitioned comfortably to fifteens.

She's a very complete skillset - her comfort at passing off both hands sets her apart. Can sling a 20m+ pass with ease. Good pace and defense too.

Excited to see what she can do from the off.

me too, i think she has a more creative game than Tyrell, though probably not better from the boot.

This is going to be a really tough game for the women, though i do expect them to come through it. Our back line is better than their though in my opinion. Rigoni the veteran at 12 is a very good player and most moves go through her, but hopefully naoupu can tie her down.
    a 37 yo facing up against a 35 yo :)

• Advertisement

Ireland 5-0 up 20minutes gone

Dorothy Wall with the try

TMO check for high tackle by Sene Naoupu. could be yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Very lucky to only get a yellow there.

Sene Naoupu binned. Ireland captain changed for third time in the game with Ciara Griffin having went off for HIA

Awful game so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It isn't the best at all, Robbie, and that with idea conditions on hand. Both teams are well to take the collar of this game and there are some tickles of class showing through; the second half should promise to be better.

• Advertisement

It isn't the best at all, Robbie, and that with idea conditions on hand. Both teams are well to take the collar of this game and there are some tickles of class showing through; the second half should promise to be better.

Bit of class at last. Lovely try.

Ireland are comfortably better than Italy who look completely clueless here today, very easy to see how England put 67 points on them.
    So I guess in that respect there is progress in that we now look to be well ahead of the "Division 2" teams, but I don't think we are any nearer the top 2.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Ireland are comfortably better than Italy who look completely clueless here today, very easy to see how England put 67 points on them.
    So I guess in that respect there is progress in that we now look to be well ahead of the "Division 2" teams, but I don't think we are any nearer the top 2.

That's pretty much where we were expected to be coming into the competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A nasty one to the money maker for the Eimearnator.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    That's pretty much where we were expected to be coming into the competition

Fair enough. I didn't think we would be expecting to be as far ahead of Italy/Wales/Scotland as we are. Thought they would be a bit closer.

Fair enough. I didn't think we would be expecting to be as far ahead of Italy/Wales/Scotland as we are. Thought they would be a bit closer.

Italy were disappointing alright.

Ireland lost against them 2 years ago in this fixture, but beat them by a similar score as today last Nov.

Its really England and France and then the rest battle for third... But Scotland and Wales really dropped off the pace this year.

We should based on results and performances by and large over past few years.
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    Italy were disappointing alright.

Ireland lost against them 2 years ago in this fixture, but beat them by a similar score as today last Nov.

Its really England and France and then the rest battle for third... But Scotland and Wales really dropped off the pace this year.
    Have the Scots though?
    Won 4 games in past decade. Its a lot earlier than this year the scots have dropped off the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

This is a poor poor game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

This is a poor poor game

yeh was expecting a bit more quality way too many unforced errors

yeh was expecting a bit more quality way too many unforced errors

It's a pity, especially given the weather. Like yourself I thought there'd be a bit more quality on display.

• Advertisement

Davidson is a decent ref but she lets so much go at the breakdown. Players off their feet and sealing off constantly on both sides and it wasnt blown.

Have the Scots though?
    Won 4 games in past decade. Its a lot earlier than this year the scots have dropped off the pace.

Yeah they're perennially poor...

But they did draw with France last October and only lost to us by 4 points... So they were showing some recent signs of progress.... From which they have seriously regressed.

I still expect them to beat a poor Welsh team though by at least a score

Ulster coaching team announced for interpros

Neill Alcorn has been appointed Head Coach, with former Ulster scrum-half, Paul Marshall taking up the Backs Coach role. Paul Heasley will be the Athletic Development Lead for the squad, while Emily Millar has been appointed Team Manager.

Good to see Marshall involved at this level. He's been teaching and coaching rugby in Antrim Grammar for few years but nice to see him involced at higher level.

IRFU have confirmed season structure for next season

And 6 nations confirmed for later in season so will be March/April.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic_news/irfu-launch-new-season-calendar-for-womens-game/

Fixtures. kick off times for interpros and coaching teams confirmed

Saturday August 28th 2021

Connacht v Leinster, The Sportsground, 14:30

Ulster v Munster, Kingspan Stadium, 17:00

Saturday September 4th 2021

Munster v Connacht, Musgrave Park, 14:30

Leinster v Ulster, Donnybrook, 16:00

Saturday September 11th 2021

Connacht v Ulster, The Sportsground, 14:30

Leinster v Munster, Donnybrook, 19:00

There are new coaching setups for all four provinces in 2021.

Neill Alcorn has been appointed Head Coach in Ulster, with former Ulster scrum-half, Paul Marshall taking up the Backs Coach role. Paul Heasley will be the Athletic Development Lead for the squad, while Emily Millar has been appointed Team Manager.

Click here for Ulster Women’s squad training gallery.

Munster Rugby Senior Women’s Head Coach for the campaign is Old Crescent and Crescent College Comprehensive coach Matt Brown. Former Ireland captain and current UL Bohs Women’s Head Coach Niamh Briggs is the Backs Coach with ex-Munster prop Mike Storey assuming the position of Forwards Coach. Munster Rugby Women’s Development Officer Willie Shubart is the side’s Technical Coach with UL Bohs forward Sara Hartigan taking the position of Team Manager having previously held that role with the U18s.

Click here for Extended Munster Senior Women’s Squad

In Leinster, Phil de Barra replaces outgoing head coach Ben Armstrong, and is joined for 2021 by forwards coach Tom McKeown, backs coach Stephen Maher and skills coach Ben Watson. Lorna Quinn and Marie Louise Reilly will look after team management.

Click here for 2021 Extended Leinster Women’s Rugby Squad

Former Sligo RFC Head Coach Ross Mannion has been appointed Head Coach of the Connacht Rugby Senior Women’s Team, accompanied by Lyndon Jones as Backs Coach.

Click here for Connacht Women’s Rugby Coaching & Management announcement.

Connacht Senior Women

Head Coach: Ross Mannion

Backs Coach: Lyndon Jones

Team Manager: Mark Moran

Leinster Senior Women

Head Coach: Phil De Barra

Assistant Coach: Tom McKeown

Team Manager: Lorna Quinn Manager

Assistant Team Manager: Marie Louise Reilly

Munster Senior Women

Head Coach: Matt Brown

Forwards Coach: Mike Storey

Backs Coach: Niamh Briggs

Technical Coach: Willie Shubart

Team Manager: Sara Hartigan

Ulster Senior Women:

Head Coach: Neill Alcorn

Backs Coach: Paul Marshall

Team Manager: Emily Millar

Athletic Development Lead: Paul Heasley

World Cup Qualifier to be hosted by Italy on 13, 19 and 25 September

The games against Italy, Scotland Spain will have confirmed days, kick off times in next week or two

some of womens interpros are being shown on tg4 and will at least have highlights on tg4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Nice where did you see that

Heard it from someone whod been told by someone working with one of the provinces

And confirmed now. with BBC NI also showing games which i hadnt been told.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/womens-interprovincial-series-televised/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Advertisement