Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photographing a staff member

Options
  • 22-10-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

quick question new :) so any opinions welcome

Started in new job in customer service and witnessed something today that made me feel a bit weird

A customer called in today. He was from the start very aggressive for no apparent reason. When he was asked to pay he became very aggressive and asked to speak to another staff member who did the same thing and asked him to pay for the item he wished to buy. He finished the conversation with the second staff member by saying he wouldn't be paying and left the shop. He then returned to the shop about 20 mins later and started shouting at staff saying he wished to make a complaint. Fair enough. Then he attempted to take pictures of staff. As soon as this happened he was asked to leave.

I was at the counter the time and while I didnt deal with him I witnessed the whole thing. I dont think the staff did or said anything wrong. Someone taking pictures of you freaked me out though

The other staff said just ignore it as people are crazy. Any opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

what can he do with a pic ?

if he puts it up online anywhere he could face legal action.

To be honest - unless he was using a quality camera or knows how to operate a camera - its more than likely that the images are blurred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

In the main customers are grand, a number of them are really nice. There are a number of them though that are completely bonkers.

I won;t give yoiu the pop psychology lecture but basicaly people have a number of reactions when they are entering into the buying process and react in all sorts of wierd and wonderful ways.

Basicly we're all animals with very littel control over ourselves. Some people are just a$$holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jgilly2013

agree.....I think I am more freaked out about the whole man taking pictures of women thing. And as for what he can do with them I actually dread to think.

Only new to customer service and the job really and yes people are weird and wonderful. Some people are just so aggressive???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

jgilly2013 wrote: »
    agree.....I think I am more freaked out about the whole man taking pictures of women thing. And as for what he can do with them I actually dread to think.

Only new to customer service and the job really and yes people are weird and wonderful. Some people are just so aggressive???

just ignore the crazies !! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jgilly2013

ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I used to work in a 24 hr shop once every now and again this pretty girl with a lovely smile would bring her purchases to be checked out and say she had no money and then go completely crazy at the counter. it was a terrible jolt at that hour of the morning. :D

Advertisement