Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband - Good Retention Offer?

• 22-10-2013 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I have Sky Broadband Unlimited + Sky Talk Anytime at a cost of £27.90. I'm currently out of contract.

15.40 line rental
    7.50 BB
    5 Talk Anytime

I tried to cancel all and Sky have offered me the same products at £20.40 BUT I have to sign a 12 month contract.

I'm afraid of being tied to a new contract, although it is cheaper...

It seems to me the 12 month gig is much better for me but is there a downside signing the 12 months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I have Sky Broadband Unlimited + Sky Talk Anytime at a cost of £27.90. I'm currently out of contract.

15.40 line rental
    7.50 BB
    5 Talk Anytime

I tried to cancel all and Sky have offered me the same products at £20.40 BUT I have to sign a 12 month contract.

I'm afraid of being tied to a new contract, although it is cheaper...

It seems to me the 12 month gig is much better for me but is there a downside signing the 12 months?

Think ill sign up with the devil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sky won't be offering fibre until April 2014 at the earliest so if there's a chance of getting fibre sooner I'd hold off.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Sky won't be offering fibre until April 2014 at the earliest so if there's a chance of getting fibre sooner I'd hold off.

You think I should pay more and remain outside a contract? Why is that?

You think I should pay more and remain outside a contract? Why is that?

Not saying that at all. Just letting you know the score with Sky fibre before you commit to a 12 month contract. Could be a deal breaker for some.

If fibre is available to you now or in the near future and you're interested in getting it, then Sky is not the way to go.
    Just an fyi really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the OP in the UK?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is the OP in the UK?

Good point. I'm just noticing the £ in his post.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is the OP in the UK?

Yessir.

Advertisement