Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need advice on Mazda

• 22-10-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

I am buying my second car second year driving on pro licence with a year claims bounos i got a quote on it for €1123.56 and just wondering what this car is like to run on diesel and are they reliable
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...diesel/5842441
    lenaconlon is online now Report Post
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

lenaconlon wrote: »
    Hello,

I am buying my second car second year driving on pro licence with a year claims bounos i got a quote on it for €1123.56 and just wondering what this car is like to run on diesel and are they reliable
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...diesel/5842441
    lenaconlon is online now Report Post

Report post?

Link not working

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenaconlon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Had one of these in 1.4 petrol and it was a great car, really enjoyed driving it and it was very economical. I can only imagine the turbo diesel model would be even better. And diesel in these aren't that easy to find. Given your limited driving history your quote isn't too bad and I reckon this car will be very affordable to have no the road. But I'm far from a car expert, and only going by my own experience of owning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenaconlon

Hello thanks a million for that great feedback
    Had one of these in 1.4 petrol and it was a great car, really enjoyed driving it and it was very economical. I can only imagine the turbo diesel model would be even better. And diesel in these aren't that easy to find. Given your limited driving history your quote isn't too bad and I reckon this car will be very affordable to have no the road. But I'm far from a car expert, and only going by my own experience of owning one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

Mazda diesel engines of a certain vintage are known to be ****e. I am not sure exactly which engines this effected but I am sure someone can fill you in on the details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 1.6 diesel in the Mazda 3 is supplied by Ford and made by Peugeot/Citroen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dh0011 wrote: »
    Mazda diesel engines of a certain vintage are known to be ****e. I am not sure exactly which engines this effected but I am sure someone can fill you in on the details

One of Mazdas diesel engines was ****, this is not that engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

CianRyan wrote: »
    One of Mazdas diesel engines was ****, this is not that engine.
    True that, the 1.6 diesel in the 3 is a psa unit and is infinitely better than the 2.0 ball of sh*te in the 6.

still though the 1.6 psa unit is not without it flaws.

Advertisement