Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logged out glitch, blank area on screen

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

When you are logged out and click on any forum
    there is a blank square area covering most of the page.

My girlfriend doesn't have an account so she noticed it as she was unable to browse boards on her laptop (using chrome & firefox).

I tried it on my laptop using firefox and I had the same result (logged out)

It doesn't affect chrome when I'm logged in. ( didnt try to log out as I cant remember my password to log back in :pac: )

Let me know if you need screenshots if you are unable to recreate it yourselves when logged out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Same here.

Pics:

Latest version of Chrome (plugins disabled) : http://i.imgur.com/dKLXCsP.png
    IE9 (no plugins): http://i.imgur.com/BVofsRR.png
    Firefox 24 (no plugins): http://i.imgur.com/3lA7FXR.png

Found what may be part of the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/jx2NYZP.png

Here's the CSS:

.threadslist-wrapper .sticky-wrapper,.postbits-wrapper .sticky-wrapper{min-width:130px;max-width:310px}

It's minified (and being generated) so no point in saying what line it's on if I de-minify it.

Also on a side note, it seems the last bit of CSS inside each parentheses is missing it's semi-colon (as with "max-width:310px" above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm on the dark theme as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I'm on the dark theme as well.

Does this mean until it's fixed, folks with the dark theme have free reign of boards all to themselves? :pac:

Edit: Scratch that. Works fine when logged in using either default or dark theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Cheers guys, it's not just a logged out issue-you'll notice the homepage is missing a few things as well....

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to sort this tonight, I'll see if I can flag it now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Any idea of when this will be fixed or if it's in the process of being fixed how long could this process take. It's a bit irritating because I mostly look at boards not logged in and also know several people not signed in that also look at boards.
    I'm sure the boffins are doing their best to fix the problem but I still feel a bit miffed
    I don't mean to irritate anybody with my post and do apologise if I've offended anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm wondering if it is related to ads, so it may depend on the ad suppliers / whoever gets there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I have an adblocker installed on chrome (logged in) and have no problems.

I'm on my phone now but I was using firefox with no adblocker (logged out) last night to recreate the problem.

If thats helps ye or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay on this. A third-party library we were using related to DFP ads suddenly broke last night, so it was related to the ads in some way indeed.

No ads showed, the right hand column couldn't figure out what size it wanted to be and filled the whole screen.

It's been patched now while we look into preventing any similar occurances, I know that was a serious pain in the butt if you browse Boards logged out. Sorry again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement