Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s rattle

• 22-10-2013 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

So got my new 5s only to discover there is a rattle coming from the on/sleep button if the phone is slightly shuck.

Now I could put up with that but the microphone really picks it up when recording a video. A quick google search shows the problem is fairly widespread. However, almost all persons effected said that when Apple replaced their phones, the replacements had the exact same fault.

I know one poster on here has had the same issue - anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

It's 'normal', don't worry about it. Every iPhone will have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Aodhagan wrote: »
    It's 'normal', don't worry about it. Every iPhone will have it.

For a product worth €700... I don't consider it to be normal (even if that's what Apple say).

This thread on the Apple forum has over 9000 views. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355229?start=90&tstart=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    For a product worth €700... I don't consider it to be normal (even if that's what Apple say).

This thread on the Apple forum has over 9000 views. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355229?start=90&tstart=0

Return it and get a replacement then? Even though you will get the same rattle on that phone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

It's the camera. It's been there on the 4, 4S and 5 (at least the ones I've had).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

LukeS_ wrote: »
    It's the camera. It's been there on the 4, 4S and 5 (at least the ones I've had).

No - it's the sleep button. Have a look at that thread posted. Also... if I place a finger on the sleep button and shake... no rattle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    No - it's the sleep button. Have a look at that thread posted. Also... if I place a finger on the sleep button and shake... no rattle.

Sounds like you have a faulty phone. Return it and get a replacement free if charge. The rattle is from the camera lens. I've had it on my 4 and 5. Holding the sleep button makes no difference whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

My first 5S had an acceptable rattle from the sleep button but had another issue. I got it replaced and the new phone has a far far worse rattle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I got an iPhone 5 replaced for this very reason. Ring them up and say you're not happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone who recently got their 5S care to check if their lock button has a rattle? Its something i've lived with on my 5S, have it since the launch in Belfast. I do notice the rattle when I'm receiving a call and the phone is vibrating. Its nothing I can't live with, but if never phones have fixed the rattle I might look into an exchange.

No rattle on mine but I'm gonna be paranoid about it now :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement