Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of flights and accom in new york?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

On average how much would a flight to new york cost or how much would be too much to pay? also with accomadation how much on average per night would you pay? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It would greatly depend on the time of year you want to go and what kind of accommodation you're looking for.

Currently flights are ranging from €400 to €800 roundtrip depending on when you fly. Accommodation can range depending on how deep in Manhattan you want to be and how nice a place you want to stay in. If you're going to be spending most time out in the city (which usually happens) the quality of your accommodation shouldn't be that important, only the safety and cleanliness (online reviews are your friend here! ;)).

I use kayak.com for a lot of flight searching, it checks across a lot of sites so you can get an idea of what prices are. You can also use it for accommodation. A few people here have mentioned skyscanner.ie also for comparing prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

I find skyscanner great, if you're flexible with dates you can search whole months or the whole year to get the cheapest deals, last week I found a return flight from Newark to Shannon in November for $380 with United. Hotels are ridiculously expensive here, if you don't mind staying in an apartment I recommend this website www.airbnb.com, just make sure to book someplace with a lot of reviews

Advertisement