Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPhil Medieval History (TCD) with 2:2

Options
  • 22-10-2013 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello, I recently graduated this summer with a 2:2 (or 52% overall) BA degree in History from NUI Galway. I am looking around at my postgraduate options for next September and in particular those degrees concerning History. My main area of historical interest would be Medieval History, and Medieval European History in particular. However, the only course I can find within this area and the degree option which interests me the most would be the MPhil in Medieval History at TCD.

However, the requirement for entry into this degree as listed on the TCD History website states that a minimum 2:1 is required for entry. I'm wondering however if degrees such as this are still possible to get into say if (a) there are spare places available, or (b) I can show that I am really interested in this area of study?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Contact the course director directly about this. Sometimes when places remain they might ask candidates who don't fully meet the requirements to produce samples of work, which can serve to show their interest and ability.

Advertisement