Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost sicknotes

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Until last week, when we were sick we just take a sick note in. Give it to the manager and then he would scan it and email it of to the boss and alls happy.

But then on Friday there was a huge big hullabaloo that the manager was photo-shopping the sick notes before emailing them and giving his mates extra days.

The boss wants physical copies all sick notes from now on. Fair enough.

But he also wants physical copies of all sick notes from the last 6 months. I was off for 4 days during that time and no longer have the sick notes. I dumped them after the manager scanned them in and emailed it.

The message I was given today was either find the notes, or there will be 4 days missing out of next weeks wage.

I called my doctor and there is a 15 euro fee for each note to be re-issued.

Any ideas on what I can do about this..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

You are underno obligation to keep sick notes. Tell your boss it will cost €60 toget copies and you will need to expense this charge back to the company. He can't take away 4 days pay

Advertisement