Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Day Hauntings

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi everyone, my first post here, am very interested in the paranormal but as my name suggests I'm a total scaredy cat! The thoughts of going in to an old house at night on my own would be my worst nightmare - probably not as bad with a group but just don't ask me to go down to the cellar on my own :o

Anyway something occurred to me the other day are there any "new" hauntings or ghost stories etc. Like we all have heard of the old houses haunted by people that have been dead for hundreds of years, how come you never hear of new houses being haunted by Tom down the road that only died 5 years ago :p Why do you think that is? Do you have to be dead for a certain number of years before you can come back to haunt the place lol?

If you have any stories please share!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

theres many stories like that if you look. theres even a few ghost story books out recently based on modern day accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I didn't now Tom down the road was even dead!!!! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

maccored wrote: »
    theres many stories like that if you look. theres even a few ghost story books out recently based on modern day accounts.

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

I didn't now Tom down the road was even dead!!!! :-(

Sorry I probably should have broke that more gently.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

very interesting...i assume the newer stories are not as "cool" as the old ones and might not get told that often?

• Advertisement
Advertisement