Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed - Buying a Repossesed house

Options
  • 23-10-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, myself and my partner are currently looking for a house to buy.

Last week we found a house that we loved. While at the first viewing the auctioneer told us that there is currently a tenant living in the property but they have been told they will have to move out. The tenant had apparently put some money into the property, adding mouldings to doors, wooden panelling on the stairs etc and had started to remove these already.

We went back for a second viewing today and the auctioneer said that the house has actually been repossessed and we will be buying it from the bank. The house had been rented to the tenant through the council. She has been advised that she will have to leave the property and will be given 42 days notice once the contracts have been signed if we decide to go ahead with the purchase.

However she seems very reluctant to leave. When we went to the house today she had pulled a fuse so there was no electricity and generally tried to make the house unattractive looking.

My concern is that if we go ahead with making an offer etc will we be getting into a messy situation with the tenant, what if she refuses to leave or does some damage to the property before she goes etc.

Has anybody been in this situation or know of any situations like this?

Advertisement