Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing School for LC

Options
  • 23-10-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all (to the mods, please relocate this thread if it belongs in a different forum, please and thank you),

I'm writing on behalf of a fifth year student who is looking to relocate to a different secondary school to complete his education. He is looking for a mixed school, non-fee-paying or low fees, preferably in North Dublin. When asked what his priorities are, it was clear he was just looking for a school where he could be guaranteed a strong education and where he would not dread having to attend. He genuinely wants to achieve his potential.

Clearly it's going to be tricky finding a place at this stage in the game, but would any of you have suggestions that might fit the above description?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If he doesn't mind a same-sex school, then Ardscoil Ris in Marino gets my vote for northside anyways. There aren't manymixed schools over here and the ones that are tend not to be the best like Rosmini, Marino, Colaiste Dhulaigh, the Comp. Only good ones I can think of are Scoil Iosa in Malahide, Mount Temple which is impossible to get into, and Gaelscoil Reachrann which is of course a gaelscoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cinderelli

Thank you! :) What's so great about Ardscoil Ris, and what experience/information are you basing this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

cinderelli wrote: »
    Thank you! :) What's so great about Ardscoil Ris, and what experience/information are you basing this on?

I went there, and you can see the League tables on schools, it's still fairly high up there http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/about-school-league-tables#nd it's not a big school too so the teachers tend to know all their pupils and what they're like etc.

It's definitely the best school in the area anyways, I was lucky enough that my parents sent me there instead of the local schools around here.

Advertisement