Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of ireland 365 monthly come to end what now?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi it was a year last week since my boi 365 monthly saver started im just wondering what happens now?

Will it automatically start a new year of savings and continue on?

Will it end and put money into my current account?

Will it end and just lay there till i contact boi about withdrawing the money?

Thanks hopefully someone has experience with the boi 365 saver and save me ringing them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Call them, it's you best bet.
    It looks like the account will just hold at a rate of:

Balances up to €9,999 2.20%
    Balances over €10,000 1.20%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi it was a year last week since my boi 365 monthly saver started im just wondering what happens now?

Thanks hopefully someone has experience with the boi 365 saver and save me ringing them

What has one year got to do with anything with regard to this account? There is no term limit on the account.

You can continue to save, and get 2.20%, if you have under 10k in the account.

Nationwide UK will pay 4.00% for a similar account so you might be best switching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Thanks fungus for some reason i thought it was a yearly thing must of got mixed up with the 12month deposit account. Ill look into the nationwide uk option thans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi 12gauge dave,

The 365 Monthly Saver is a regular savings account which requires notice for all withdrawals.   This account will remain open and your Direct Debit will continue to be taken until you choose to close it.  Interest is applied to the account on the anniversary of the account opening.

If you want to place notice on your account in order to withdraw money, you can submit this through the 'Ask a question' option in the 'Online Service Desk' on 365 online.

For more information please see here.

Thanks

Seán    

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davybyrne007

Hi Sean,

On a separate question will i need a BIC and IBAN to send credit transfers on banking 365 from February. I know i'll need my own but can i still use my sort code and acc number from february on 365?

Cheers
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi Sean,

On a separate question will i need a BIC and IBAN to send credit transfers on banking 365 from February. I know i'll need my own but can i still use my sort code and acc number from february on 365?

Cheers
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

From February 2014 you will require IBAN and BIC codes for all transfers to countries within the SEPA zone.  Any existing payees you have registered on 365 online will be automatically converted.  These changes will be implemented before the February 2014 deadline and we will communicate it on our website when they are. 

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Seán

Advertisement