Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre and direct debit

Options
  • 23-10-2013 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi, eircom has contacted me about getting eFibre, which is probably the only thing that will keep me with them. I'm interested, but have always paid bills through online banking, and previously through the post office, and refuse totally to set up a direct debit.

Is it that black-and-white that direct debit is required even for existing bb customers, as I will leave eircom if it is, having spent the past 11 years without missing a payment or being in arrears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

jayobray wrote: »
    Hi, eircom has contacted me about getting eFibre, which is probably the only thing that will keep me with them. I'm interested, but have always paid bills through online banking, and previously through the post office, and refuse totally to set up a direct debit.

Is it that black-and-white that direct debit is required even for existing bb customers, as I will leave eircom if it is, having spent the past 11 years without missing a payment or being in arrears?
    Hi jayobray,

I have looked into this for you and I'm afraid all eFibre customers do have to pay the bill by direct debit. It is a standard procedure and unfortunately it's out of our control.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Thanks for looking into it for me Tracey. Guess that's bye bye eircom!

jayobray wrote: »
    Thanks for looking into it for me Tracey. Guess that's bye bye eircom!

No problem at all. I'm really sorry to hear this jayobray.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Why the direct debit requirement? I'd rather not pay that way too (when fibre arrives) 

"It is a standard procedure and unfortunately it's out of our control" 

Doesn't make sense - it is still eircom providing the service yes? And eircom still receive the money yes? So Eircom have changed the rules you mean? So therefore, it is in your control - and by your I mean Eircom, not you Tracey!

sumo12 wrote: »
    Why the direct debit requirement? I'd rather not pay that way too (when fibre arrives) 

"It is a standard procedure and unfortunately it's out of our control" 

Doesn't make sense - it is still eircom providing the service yes? And eircom still receive the money yes? So Eircom have changed the rules you mean? So therefore, it is in your control - and by your I mean Eircom, not you Tracey!

Hi sumo12,

I'm afraid it is a standard procedure and all customers that go onto the Fibre service have to sign up to direct debit regardless of if they are existing or new customers.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement