Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Real Sociedad Match Thread. K/o19.45 23/10/14 RTE2 & SS1

• 23-10-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

............................................manchester_united_vs_real_sociedad_by_marayu9-d6r5i08.png...................................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

What I posted in Superthread yesterday regarding this game...

What team would people like/expect to see tomorrow?

I'd like to see

De Gea

--Rafeal---Smalling--Evans
    Evra----

Carrick
    Fellaini

Nani
    Kag
    januzaj

RVP

Would like to see Kagawa get a good chance in the middle, I've said it before but I'd also like to see the three behind RVP to rotate over the course of the game, they are all more than talanted enough to pull it off. Rooney in any of those positions could do the same.

Chico could do with a chance, but I think its more important to get RVP playing well and scoring goals.

In reality, the team we play will probably include the likes of Giggs and Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can see it being the same line up we had at the weekend.

Expect the backline won't change (Rio and Vidic are injured it seems)

Centre partnership shouldn't change - Cleverley injured and Anderson played an hour the other night.

Don't see him dropping RVP or Rooney, even though I do think Chico should get game time.

Valencia/Kagawa could come in for Nani/Januzaj though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Doubts over Rio and Vidic, Cleverley and Wellbeck missed last training session, Januzaj added to squad, Fletcher trained with main group.

Moyes said: "He is now available for the Champions League by the way his date of birth works. He's an exciting young player making good progress all the time and he is someone who is going to play a big part in the future of Manchester United. He's an exceptional talent."

"We are disappointed," said Evans, 25. "We watched part of the Southampton game back and it was clear our performance was not up to scratch, especially in possession, giving the ball away and being quite sloppy.
    "Being Manchester United, we want to control games a bit better than we did against Southampton.
    "As players we know we have not played well enough as individuals and as a team. Looking at ourselves, we want to make sure we raise our level and produce better performances."

BBC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Julez wrote: »

I'd like to see

De Gea

Evra----

Carrick
    Fellaini

Nani
    Kag
    januzaj

RVP

Would like to see Kagawa get a good chance in the middle, I've said it before but I'd also like to see the three behind RVP to rotate over the course of the game, they are all more than talanted enough to pull it off. Rooney in any of those positions could do the same.

Chico could do with a chance, but I think its more important to get RVP playing well and scoring goals.

In reality, the team we play will probably include the likes of Giggs and Welbeck.

If I see Giggs or Welbeck anywhere near that team sheet, at a time when Kagawa and Chico are crying for a game, I will probably not watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I predict a big upset here, I think United will nick a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The way we're playing we could easily lose.

Hopefully Moyes actually tries to play good football tonight and not that negative shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Julez wrote: »

I'd like to see

De Gea

Evra----

Carrick
    Fellaini

Nani
    Kag
    januzaj

RVP

Thats the line up I would like to see but I doubt it will happen ,Rooney will start.Want to see Chico get a proper run out as well.
    Probably be 442,Kagawa on LW and Rooney and RVP up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gonna miss this tonight - not happy. won't get a chance to watch til tomorrow.... hopefully it is a good performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

colly_06 wrote: »
    I predict a big upset here, I think United will nick a win

Don't you mean downset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Red Crow wrote: »
    Don't you mean downset?

He's attempting to be humorous I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

If Kagawa doesn't start I will **** the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Soldie wrote: »
    If Kagawa doesn't start I will **** the bed.

The new Andy Reid :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A United win would be good, a calming result all round..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hopefully we won't see the now usual Carrick,Fellaini,Huge Empty Space,Strikers formation tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Had this been seven months earlier this could have been billed an epic cracker. It still has those ingredients but both teams aren't producing the recipes. Both teams have lost their managers. La Real have lost some key players. But their biggest lost (their own doing!) was failure to renew Montainer's contract. The argument could be made that they were the best team in Spain in the latter half of the year. Now they're just a shadow desperately searching for some form. There are signs, glimpses here and there that they're improving. They were perhaps unlucky to lose some of the games they lost but one way or another their morale is low.

Funny thing is similar things could be said for Utd. This game matters more to La Real than Utd. Win this and they might just regain momentum and confidence. They beat Valencia at the weekend, so that was something. They can be a quality side and if United let them play they're playing a dangerous game. Yes, La Real are very vulnerable on the counter but this is a team that more than anything else lacks confidence. If they regain that and score first United may find themselves in one hell of a fight. First goal, more than usual, is key for United. As a neutral though you just want La Real to win and recover themselves to a level closer to their heights from last year. Currently can't see that happening though. Seven months ago? United would probably have lost. Today, if they don't win I'll be very surprised but I'm hoping they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

3-1 to Utd i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Supposed team
    #MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernández
    subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Smalling, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Januzaj

These lads are good at holding possession and we've just made that even worse if Giggs is starting CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Christ almighty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What price are Real?

5/1 they are,with that midfield that is a smashing price for those who like a bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Almost glad I have to go coaching tonight so I don't have to put myself through watching that midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That defence and cm gives me the cold shivers

bloody awful stuff

Upside its nice to see chico and kag start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I know he was great for a long time, and its not his fault he gets picked but Giggs is leaving a bad taste in the mouth after a great career, I associate his name with negativity now. What a brilliant player in his time but his time is gone!

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Supposed team
    #MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernández

I wouldn't have Giggs and Valencia in there but he's starting Kagawa and Hernández so I'm all conflicted.. That being said it doesn't look like Kagawa will be played as number 10..

With Cleverly and Anderson not even in the match day squad the only person that can come on for Giggs is Fellaini (which I'd still prefer despite Fellaini's current form) and hopefully Nani gets a run out. Januzaj is on great form but could probably do with a rest, don't want to over expose him in his debut season at such a young age.

Tonight's chant will be:

"Ninety minutes for Little pea and Shinji!"

Either way, COME ON UNITED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This is on my planner for Sky 1. Is the planner gone mad? O_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This is on my planner for Sky 1. Is the planner gone mad? O_o

I don't think so. Just before the simpsons started a minute ago they mentioned it.

Love this line-up! Hernández in the team and Kagawa gets his chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I don't think so. Just before the simpsons started a minute ago they mentioned it.

Was mentioned last night on sky sports too. A free one to entice I suppose !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭CSF

But there is no midfield. Like, at all.

• Advertisement

Left wing, the last time he was played left wing he was taken off at half time

Somebody needs to get Moyes an instruction manual for Kagawa or he'll be forever scratching his head as to why his Japanese left winger won't work.

CSF wrote: »

Midfields are overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

delighted to see Chico and Kagawa but WTF Giggs and Valencia starting.
    Fellaini and Nani would have made so much more sense.
    Kagawa will be first to be subbed no doubt,no matter how he plays.

CSF wrote: »

Carrick is playing! One of the best there is! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Supposed team

What formation are they going to use? Kagawa/Rooney in a MF 2:

Carrick---Kagawa/Rooney
    Valencia
    Giggs

Rooney/Kagawa
    Hernández

or some kind of diamond?

Carrick
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Kagawa

Rooney, Hernández

Valencia Carrick Giggs Kagawa
    Rooney
    Hernandez

Sadly.

Expect long balls for Hernandez to chase all night.

• Advertisement

Left wing, the last time he was played left wing he was taken off at half time

Somebody needs to get Moyes an instruction manual for Kagawa or he'll be forever scratching his head as to why his Japanese left winger won't work.

Kagawa was playing well enough in that game too; didn't understand that sub as Moyes said he made the change as he needed more going forward; Kagawa was growing into that game well. That was a head-scrathcher alright.

Fellaini was bad the last day so maybe that was noticed and that's why he was out. Nani wasn't too bad and he's out too. Giggs was very bad when he came on (and maybe he was the one who lost possession that lead to the corner), yet he plays. I guess Moyes has faith in his experience.

I expect little possession in this game and its only going to get worse with Giggsy playing. Val playing is no big shock.

Moyes saying in his interviews that he is looking to win games. I just wish we would play that way

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Valencia Carrick Giggs Kagawa
    Rooney
    Hernandez

Sadly.

Expect long balls for Hernandez to chase all night.

Ya, you're probable right. Sweet Jebus. Going to be a long (see what I did there) night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He's afraid to drop Rooney :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good to see Giggs getting a chance,been wasted all season sitting on the
    bench :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He's afraid to drop Rooney :(

Rooney is not the problem, particularly in that lineup

I can't believe Giggs still gets a game.

An incredible career but he's finished at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Giggs in the center, kags on the left? same **** another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I can't believe Giggs still gets a game.

An incredible career but he's finished at the top.

He hasn't played a good game since Chelsea in the CL in 2011 and the whole team was awesome that day.

I'm astounded that he's still playing. He has nowhere near the ability to play at this level anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Moyes can't afford another bad performance tonight. Hopefully Fergie's book has provided some reminders to the players that at OT you either shape up or get shipped out fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

gooaal go on rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

is the sound out of sync for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a run from Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Typical RTE, ****ing commentators ahead of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement