Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveragh Broadband

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot, but are any of you guys with Iveragh broadband? Just want to know what mast/antenna you are connected to. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

yep - i'm ballinskelligs (weekends) Don't know the mast, its located on Bolus head. Service is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 honeytrader

How good is great, I live in castlemaine and I m seriously contemplating switching to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Man in a Sweater

what kind of speed you getting in castlemaine. I am on the tralee road in killorglin and getting around 10mbs on average with vodaphone home broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

what kind of speed you getting in castlemaine. I am on the tralee road in killorglin and getting around 10mbs on average with vodaphone home broadband

I'd say you would be unlikely to beat that with any of the wireless networks.
    They will most likely give you upto 10mb but your actual speed could be around the 5-7mbit mark ..depending on time of day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Man in a Sweater

It was 1mb for years in Killorglin then went up to 3, then 5/6 last 2 months i have checked speed on a few computers and getting around 10 mark.

wonder what it will be like with 100mb! movies downloading in minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was 1mb for years in Killorglin then went up to 3, then 5/6 last 2 months i have checked speed on a few computers and getting around 10 mark.

wonder what it will be like with 100mb! movies downloading in minutes!

It was actually 20mb/sec the weekend before Easter Sunday. I was able to download a film in around 15 minutes, streaming HD content as well without it buffering, I dunno why the speeds were that fast but it was unreal, didn't last unfortunatley but does show the potential for increased speeds. I doubt they'll up the speeds anytime soon though. Although I'm tempted to email them as to why I was getting such fast speeds over that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

I'm with them in Waterville area and service is good about 6mb constant. Slows a little when there's a lot of people in holiday homes, but still more than sufficient and comes in at least 3mb even in height of summer.
    Customer service seems to be very good.

(I'm on the standard package - they have a higher speed package too)

Advertisement