Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland at Ideal Homes Show

Options
  • 23-10-2013 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

With winter fast approaching, it is a great time for us to showcase our offers for electricity and gas, as well as provide advice/info on our energy services, including Climote.
    We'll be doing the above at the Ideal Home Show this bank holiday weekend, Friday 25th to Monday 28th October, at The RDS, Dublin.

Our offers will include:

- 10% off your electricity if you sign up to Electric Ireland – plus €20 credit on your bill

- 10% each off your electricity and gas if you sign up to Electric Ireland Dual Fuel – plus €20 credit on your electricity bill

- Control your home heating from anywhere! All you have to do is switch to Electric Ireland for electricity and we will give you a free Climote!

- Switch to Electric Ireland and have your name entered in a draw for €1,000 worth of free electricity!

All the best,
    Una

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are they for new customers only Una?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Davy,

Thanks for your patience - I just wished to ensure with the relevant department that I had exact clarification for you.

These offers are for both new and existing customers.

Here also is a link to the Ideal Home Show free passes page.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is switching for gas excluded? Gas would make more sense surely as the climote is a heating related product.

Is their any terms, is the unit and subscription included etc?

Thanks
    - Control your home heating from anywhere! All you have to do is switch to Electric Ireland for electricity and we will give you a free Climote!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

Is this offer not available for people who do not plan to visit the Ideal Home Show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey, just want to check do you get the home monitoring system and the 10% off as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

kumar_aq wrote:
    Is this offer not available for people who do not plan to visit the Ideal Home Show?

Hi kumar_aq,

The last two offers above, namley the free climote and the competition for €1,000 free electricity, were only available during the Ideal Homes Show. However, the 10% discounts off gas and electricity, plus up to €30 extra off your bill, are available right now if you switch to Electric Ireland online. See here for more info.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    just want to check do you get the home monitoring system and the 10% off as well?

Yes, customers at the Ideal Homes Show who signed up to Electric Ireland would have been eligible for both the free climote and 10% off our standard rates.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hi I signed up at the ideal homes yesterday for the climote offer.
    I'm interested in adding a motorised valve to my system so that the Climote can just heat my water as opposed to the whole system.
    Is this something the home energy team can do at the same time as the climote is being installed?
    Cheers
    hick

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

if i missed ideal home show any chance to get Climote with 2y offer? I am Electric Ireland current customer for Gas and electricity for last 8 months.

As well is climote able to control heating and hot water?

Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi hick & pavelpro,

It's possible to personalise Climote system and arrange it to control either heating for your home, heating for your water and also to separate your home into two sections for example upstairs and downstairs. There would however, be a cost associated with this, which depends on your home.

If you would like me to organise a callback from our Home Services department to discuss this and arrange a quote for you, please feel free to PM us with your full name, contact number and address.
    pavelpro wrote:
    if i missed ideal home show any chance to get Climote with 2y offer?

Pavelpro, unfortunately the free Climote offer above was available only for customers attending the Ideal Homes Exhibition. There are other offers available however if you would like me to arrange a callback for you. A free Climote is available for customers who opt to have their boiler replaced and heating controls replaced by Electric Ireland. Terms and conditions for this offer can be found on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential-energy-services/home-services/heating-upgrade-offer.jsp

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi I signed up at the ideal homes yesterday for the climote offer.
    I'm interested in adding a motorised valve to my system so that the Climote can just heat my water as opposed to the whole system.
    Is this something the home energy team can do at the same time as the climote is being installed?
    Cheers
    hick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi hick,

You might have missed Aoife's answer to your query above:
    It's possible to personalise the Climote system and arrange for it to control either heating for your home, heating for your water and also to separate your home into two sections for example upstairs and downstairs. There would however, be a cost associated with this, which depends on your home.

If you would like me to organise a callback from our Home Services department to discuss this and arrange a quote for you, please feel free to PM us with your full name, contact number and address.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    David

Thanks for that
    PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your interest. The details outlined in the opening post to this thread were mostly just applicable to the Ideal Home Show.

Here are our ongoing offers:

Discounts

New customers to Electric Ireland can avail of 8% off units used on electricity and/or gas once they pay by direct debit; they can also avail of 2% off units used on electricity and/or gas if they register for online billing (eliminating paper billing). For those who avail of both electricity and gas (Dual Fuel) the discounts are applied to each fuel separately (rather than being a combined discount). Full details here on our website.
    If you switch online for electricity or Dual Fuel you will receive a credit onto your electricity account.

Existing customers for electricity only can avail of 4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing. For Dual Fuel, they can avail of the 10% and 10% as above.

Climote

If Climote is purchased in one transaction from ElectricIrelandStore.ie the cost is €299 (RRP €399).

Customers who are with Electric Ireland for a minimum of 12 months and paying by direct debit can pay for Climote in installments off their bill every two months for two years. Each installment is €14.50 and this works out at a total cost of €348 for the unit. More info here on our website.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement