Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-tenant requesting another ex-tenants post?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

What would be normal procedure when an ex-tenant requests the post of another ex-tenant (They were housemates) where I'm renting? Normally I give all ex-post to the landlord every 1-2 months... don't know what they do with it. Person requesting post says its urgent and wants to collect it asap...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Id probably be looking to verify that the person is who they say they are and that they have the authority to collect the former tenants post. If youre unsure then maybe arrange to give the post to the landlord and let this person collect it from them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Just mark no longer at this address and send it all back tbh. If they come asking for post, tell them it's not there. Simple and stops any hassle in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I personally wouldn't hand over any post to anybody but the addressee.

D3PO wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't hand over any post to anybody but the addressee.

Agreed. Person A comes and collect post for himself and person B. One day person B comes along looking for his post and you have to explain you gave it all to person A.

Either hand him only his post and tell him to inform the other person to collect their own or mark it all as not at this address and send it all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds like Person A has gotten wind of money/etc in the post for Person B, tbh.

• Advertisement

I doubt anything sinister like that is going on. I would assume that since they were both roommates, that they may still be friends and talk to each other. One is going to get post, the others says grab mine too. I still wouldn't be inclined to hand it out to the person tho just to cover my own backside. Any post that comes to my home for other people gets marked as not living here and sent off with the postman or dropped in the postbox. After a while they do stop coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

In this age of mobile phones how difficult would it be for this to be organised in a common sense way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I bin all post not addressed to me at every apartment I've lived in. If they want their mail, they can change their address like every other adult out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would be wary of handing over someones post to someone else. It maybe totally innocent request but I still would not take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I bin all post not addressed to me at every apartment I've lived in. If they want their mail, they can change their address like every other adult out there.
    This is likely a criminal offence. If you get any post not for you, send it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

he needs it asap ? intriguing , I'd steam it open for a looksie.

Advertisement