Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carphone warehouse insurance - refurb ?

• 23-10-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

My wife recently dropped her iPhone 5 in water which is covered under Carphone warehouse insurance.

Phone was beyond repair and a 'new' phone was supplied, however it wasn't supplied in a box and it keeps cutting out.

I'm now wondering if the 'new' phone was a refurb & wondering if there's any way of checking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

If it came in a brown box with no charger or earphones then it was a refurb yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Andip wrote: »
    My wife recently dropped her iPhone 5 in water which is covered under Carphone warehouse insurance.

Phone was beyond repair and a 'new' phone was supplied, however it wasn't supplied in a box and it keeps cutting out.

I'm now wondering if the 'new' phone was a refurb & wondering if there's any way of checking

Depends on what they had in stock really, I know herself got a Iphone 5 from another insurer which came in a non apple box with no charger etc. We were unsure as to whether it was new or not so checked with Apple and they confirmed the phone was indeed new and that the warranty would commence from the time that the phone was registered.

Some other insurers obtain refurb models,I presume from Apple. An easy way to check is to go to the apple.ie website and go to the support tab and enter the serial num and check the remaining warranty cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Refurbs get different serial numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

guil wrote: »
    Refurbs get different serial numbers.

Yes but the warranty usually doesn't change. I've had a replacement from Vodafone this year that turned out to be out of warranty a lot sooner than the one I lost. In fact the replacement had no warranty when I actually received it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes but the warranty usually doesn't change. I've had a replacement from Vodafone this year that turned out to be out of warranty a lot sooner than the one I lost. In fact the replacement had no warranty when I actually received it!!

Refurb get the same warranty period as the one it replaced or 3 months if the warranty is nearly up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement