Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull 27.10.2013

Options
  • 23-10-2013 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Im not making light of tomorrow nights match but lets face it, Hull at home is a huge game compared to Sheriff away

Confidence should be good after villa - here is the team that i would go with

lloris

walker ---- jan --- dawson ---rose

sandro

townsend ---paulinho ----lennon

eriksen

soldado

Some might say that sandro shouldnt play at home but i think he is important for every game in order to sweep up any break away attacks that hull might get.

Siggy should be dropped in my view as he has faded completely from the start of the season .

Should win 2-0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

It would be great to have Rose back, I'm happy with that team.

I like Siggy but I do think he is going to come under pressure for his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Whenever we're confident about a game we tend to either lose or draw, so a scrappy 1-0 win deflected in off the underside of Dawson's arse would do lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

THFC wrote: »
    Whenever we're confident about a game we tend to either lose or draw, so a scrappy 1-0 win deflected in off the underside of Dawson's arse would do lovely.

+1 seriously true esp where spurs are concerned:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

If we don't win this Sunday we have to start putting out the reserves enmasse in the EL.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

do ye think these inverted wingers are here for good?id have lennon on the right and townsend on the left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

do ye think these inverted wingers are here for good?id have lennon on the right and townsend on the left

To be honest I'd say he's getting them used to playing inverted so that they can seamlessly switch between inverted and standard, depending on how a match is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I agree wholeheartedly, I think lack of width has been possibly our main failing this season.

Soldado takes up great positions for cutbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This game is on Sunday. I agree with the team above - I thought Dembele was muck last night, couldn't seem to pass the ball accurately in any capacity. Very disappointing. Sandro was excellent against Villa and fully deserves to keep his place. I agree with the idea of switching to normal wingers - Lennon has never done well on the left wing and although it somewhat prevents both from cutting inside and shooting, surely that will only benefit Soldado?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lets hope west ham was the first and only shocker at home this season, would love to see us get an early goal and really knock it about with confidence, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It looks like Rose or Kaboul won't be ready for this game which is a pity,Hull very under strength for the game also with a few regulars missing including their keeper,Steve Harper will probably be the stand in goalkeeper for them,we should win it if we get off to a good start and go for it instead of passing the ball around in our own half and going no where with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tippspur wrote: »
    It looks like Rose or Kaboul won't be ready for this game which is a pity,Hull very under strength for the game also with a few regulars missing including their keeper,Steve Harper will probably be the stand in goalkeeper for them,we should win it if we get off to a good start and go for it instead of passing the ball around in our own half and going no where with it.

With them missing players then they will defend and play for a point and we all know how good we are at breaking down that kind of team :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

FYI, Football Focus are doing a piece on Christian Eriksen today;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24672543

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Jesus i hate Hull! Went over to the lane to see the Hull game under the Ramos era. Got soaked on the way to the ground, match was dire and got soaked on the way home ( after being abused outside the burger van by the away fans on their bus home). Would love to stuff them, 8 nil please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TOMJONESsings

Hull are missing some players so Spurs should win easily - but I said that for the Wet Spam match and look what happened. Vital that we get an early goal (hopefully Soldado) so we get some space near their penalty area.

COYS

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Jesus i hate Hull! Went over to the lane to see the Hull game under the Ramos era. Got soaked on the way to the ground, match was dire and got soaked on the way home ( after being abused outside the burger van by the away fans on their bus home). Would love to stuff them, 8 nil please.

was that a nill- all game where their keeper got MOTM?

if so that was my last time seeing spurs live:o

Froze my ass off too. Redknapp was in charge for that game I went to too,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Beware the Thud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Beware the Thud!

Yeah, he's guaranteed to put in extra effort since its us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

I was at a hull game in the last few years where that Brazilian ( can't think of name) scored a worldie and they beat us 1-0..Christ u just don't know with us

Bad day of results yday makes today important ...we need the 3 points plus a draw at Stamford bridge would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

davycc wrote: »
    was that a nill- all game where their keeper got MOTM?

if so that was my last time seeing spurs live:o

Froze my ass off too. Redknapp was in charge for that game I went to too,
    No, a one nil defeat, giovanni scored a cracker for them. We ended the game with bentley coming on and playing right back!

yea i rembember that season too...giovanni scored crackers against us arse and city etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Delighted Lennon back

Lloris walker chiriches daws vert Sandro paulinho holtby Townsend Lennon goaldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Atmosphere in the volunteer is decent, come on you spurs !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Emoran wrote: »
    Atmosphere in the volunteer is decent, come on you spurs !!!

Ah wish I was there. Enjoy.

Delighted Lennon back

Lloris walker chiriches daws vert Sandro paulinho holtby Townsend Lennon goaldado

Id be happy enough with that line up:cool:

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

link?

Team v Hull - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Holtby, Townsend; Soldado

Subs today: Lamela, Naughton, Defoe, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Friedel

Pm sent Kold with a recipie for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Eriksen has not started in a while has he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Glebee wrote: »
    Eriksen has not started in a while has he.

Holtby is playing well so hard not to start him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

davycc wrote: »
    Pm sent Kold with a recipie for ya

Could you send that on to me too please:)

Advertisement