Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull 27.10.2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So we're still ****e, in case anyone was wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Kinda worrying that instead of improving were actually getting consistently worse. I expected it to take time to gel, what I did not expect was for us to look clueless and devoid of any creative ideas.

That's a very harsh decision but I'll take it, nice peno Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

The worring thing for me is that were the same week in and week out.
    Ok lucky pene there but we should be burying Hull

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Yay. Sort of. Should be turning teams like Hull over much more easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You fluckey fekcers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Townsend in trouble ??? :(

Fantastic - Chelsea win and we've a free kick to defend as the last kick of the game.

Phew! Hudd blasts it over

Jammy result. No way was that a penalty - his hand couldn't have been any closer to his torso when the ball hit it. Very harsh. And really depressing that we needed a fluke of a decision to win at home against Hull. Very worrying performances at the moment. We're winning but I don't see how.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Thank fcuk that's over. Bad performance.

What's the story with Eriksen, he wasn't any better than Holtby before he went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Exactly how many of these do we have??

get_out_of_jail_free.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Just got to see the second half...is it a case of we are playing badly and picking up results or this is the standard for the rest of the season? Never a dull moment being a Spurs fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Boring Boring Tottenham....another 29 1-0 wins please !!!!

Get in there

Eriksen hasn't impressed since the 1st half against Chelsea. Every game since then he's been below average, and to be honest Holtby deserves to be in the starting line up because he gets about a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Load of ****e. This team is playing absolute muck and I have no idea how we are where we are in the table. We robbed Hull today as that penalty decision was a shocker. I am going out to have a few pints tonight to help me forget about that crap I have just watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Why oh why are we playing 1 up top against these teams.. We are so predictable. At home we need to play Ade and soldado up top together. Wingers going on the outside on their correct eins. Possibly move to 3 at the back.

I think the performances are being over-stated. We look very solid defensively, and in midfield for that matter, it's only in the final third we seem to struggle. Our midfielders aren't playing Soldado through for one reason or another, and look to be playing it out to Townsend in particular far too often.

For all of Arsenal's fancy skills & goals coupled with the rave reviews they're getting, they're only 3 points ahead of us. They won't play like that for the season, and when they do falter we just need to make sure we can capitalise on their mistakes. All this talk of them going for the title is laughable. We're motoring well and I have a sneaky feeling we'll do very well this season.

oppiuy wrote: »
    Why oh why are we playing 1 up top against these teams.. We are so predictable. At home we need to play Ade and soldado up top together. Wingers going on the outside on their correct eins. Possibly move to 3 at the back.

Those were the Harry days my friend, where we attacked teams at home. AVB has his system and is so stubborn, only changes if we get desperate at the end. Lets be honest here, last year we were not great to watch at home either but Bale got us out of jail many many times.

THFC wrote: »
    I think the performances are being over-stated. We look very solid defensively, and in midfield for that matter, it's only in the final third we seem to struggle. Our midfielders aren't playing Soldado through for one reason or another, and look to be playing it out to Townsend in particular far too often.

For all of Arsenal's fancy skills & goals coupled with the rave reviews they're getting, they're only 3 points ahead of us. They won't play like that for the season, and when they do falter we just need to make sure we can capitalise on their mistakes. All this talk of them going for the title is laughable. We're motoring well and I have a sneaky feeling we'll do very well this season.

Hope you are right mate, because I am struggling to see where our goals are going to come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fellas are getting their knickers in a twist over the performance,we won the game against an 8 man defence,we defended well again and kept another clean sheet and are only 3 points off the top of the table,also it's our best ever start to a premier league.stop moaning for f**k sake.

Andre Villas-Boas is not pleased with the Tottenham fans today, saying they had 'too much anxiety.' Full quotes to come...
    Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas: "It was difficult to break them down. They came here with a good strategy, which is nothing different to what teams do when they come here.

"The difference today is that we were patient. I compliment the boys for what they did, it was great work-rate.

"We didn't have the support we should have done. There was much anxiety from the stands, the players had to do it alone.

"The referee could have not given the penalty, sometimes they are not given, Brucey will be devastated by that decision.

"Apparently Andros Townsend fell in a hole. He was unconscious, but he will be OK."

Sorry Andre, the tension is there because we're at home against potential relegation candidates and they've had nearly as many attempts on goal as us. We have no cutting edge, no imagination and the players don't seem to be on the same page as each other. We're still by far the lowest scoring team in the top half of the table with the exception of Southampton and Hull. What is the point in spending £30m on a striker if you don't use him properly?!!

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Hope you are right mate, because I am struggling to see where our goals are going to come from.

I wonder the same, but it has to be taken into consideration, like Wham, that Hull played virtually 9 at the back. Breaking them down was always going to be difficult. In our purple patch there in the second half I don't think they completed one pass on our half. It sounds strange, but I think against better teams we might just find it easier to score. Goes for away games as well. Whenever we play a team at home fighting to stay up, and that's about 12 teams, they normally have a far bigger emphasis on defending. It's come to the stage now where I'd nearly be more confident playing away from home against those sort of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

It wasn't so long ago we were playing attractive attacking football, so you can't blame some fans giving out about how we play under AVB. I found us very frustrating to watch last season and thankfully we had Bale to add some spark to our game but we're even worse to watch this season. However, I don't care as long as we're picking up 3 points and lets be honest, I'd rather watch us play rather than Ireland play hoofball.

Also, when Defoe came on he was muck. I hope Andre shows faith in Soldado, he had a few very good touches today and I think it was more down to the service he was getting that he didn't score from open play.

EDIT: Also, absolutely ridiculous, to the point of irresponsible, allowing Townsend to return to the field if he was unconscious.

nbar12 wrote: »
    It wasn't so long ago we were playing attractive attacking football, so you can't blame some fans giving out about how we play under AVB. I found us very frustrating to watch last season and thankfully we had Bale to add some spark to our game but we're even worse to watch this season. However, I don't care as long as we're picking up 3 points and lets be honest, I'd rather watch us play rather than Ireland play hoofball.

I agree. At the end of the day it's about winning and if we keep doing that, while I might have a moan at how we go about it I'll still be happy!

More interesting words from AVB;
    Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas: "We looked like the away team, we played in a difficult atmosphere with almost no support. We have a wonderful set of fans but they can do better. Away from home we play with no fear and we need that atmosphere at White Hart Lane.

"We don't need the negativity that was in White Hart Lane today."

Did I just hear that. The anxiety and strees of the fans! We could be first except for the West Ham result! It was his negative tactics that created all of that. Those comments won't win any fans.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Did I just hear that. The anxiety and stree of the fans! We could be fourth except for the West Ham result! It was his negative tactics that created all of that. Those comments won't win any fans.

Unless I'm reading the wrong table we actually are fourth. I fail to see what negative tactics he used today, perhaps you could enlighten me?

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Unless I'm reading the wrong table we actually are fourth. I fail to see what negative tactics he used today, perhaps you could enlighten me?

Yes we're fourth. I can confirm we're fourth.

Advertisement