Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Most do a pretty good job of pretending otherwise though.

Looks like I'm walking into a Free State ambush here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Nodin wrote: »
    I didn't say you Fred, though you often seem to be less than forthcoming with condemnation of it. The whole notion of a "glorious past" and "nobility" of the BA is as wrong headed as the Japanese idea of themselves as the 'liberators of asia'.

In my lifetime, outside of NI the BA have generally served well. We both obviously have a biased view of them, so will never agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

tdv123 wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with wearing the poppy if I thought it was to remember the brave Irish Volunteers who fought in the great war, but I'm getting the feeling people here don't respect the Irish who fought in the War because their anti-British.

And I'm not insulting the memory of the dead Gardai, I'm sorry anybody has to die in war. But us Republicans believe that the Free State & following Banana Republic ruined this country with their extreme conservative policies & letting the Catholic church run the country. Not to mention the the executions of 77 POW's & the murder of our great Cathal Brugha.

Are you some so far undiscovered type of republican? Maybe a dissident, dissident republican or something? Though would the 2 dissidents make that a double negative. Now I'm confused as feck myself. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

There really should be no need for the poppy charity to raise money to look after injured soldiers.If the British government are sending men over to Afghanistan/Iraq etc and risk them getting badly injured or killed for their country the very least they should do is look after them properly when they get home.

timthumbni wrote: »
    Are you some so far undiscovered type of republican? Maybe a dissident, dissident republican or something? Though would the 2 dissidents make that a double negative. Now I'm confused as feck myself. Lol

Ignoring the points put to you. Typical of Free, Free, Free Staters.

• Advertisement

There really should be no need for the poppy charity to raise money to look after injured soldiers.If the British government are sending men over to Afghanistan/Iraq etc and risk them getting badly injured or killed for their country the very least they should do is look after them properly when they get home.

True, but when have any government in the world done exactly what they are supposed to do? There is government help but never enough. As I said I support it but understand many do not. That's life.

True, but when have any government in the world done exactly what they are supposed to do? There is government help but never enough. As I said I support it but understand many do not. That's life.

The government of the Irish Republic did what it was suppose to until your Free Staters came along & started years of lying & cheating to the people of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Manassas61

An Coilean wrote: »
    Many? I have lived here all my life and have never once seen it worn here.
    People on this thread say they do.

Ignoring the points put to you. Typical of Free, Free, Free Staters.

Mate. Word of advice. I'm from Northern Ireland and a unionist. Is that too much for your wee head to take in that a genuine Northern Irish unionist would be on boards.ie?

(You in another thread seemed to refer that my hero would be jonny Adair despite the fact I had posted that all loyalist paramilitaries were "sc&m" on the posts before. It's for this reason that I remembered your username and was able to embarrass you about your disgusting "2 dead garda" comments.)

Lets just leave it at that shall we? Even your fellow republicans seem to be deserting you like an on fire, sinking ship.

Just read over a few of your recent posts regarding the garda and see if you maybe need to pull back on the crap for a while. It will make you feel better.

Mate. Word of advice. I'm from Northern Ireland and a unionist. Is that too much for your wee head to take in that a genuine Northern Irish unionist would be on boards.ie?

(You in another thread seemed to refer that my hero would be jonny Adair despite the fact I had posted that all loyalist paramilitaries were "sc&m" on the posts before. It's for this reason that I remembered your username and was able to embarrass you about your disgusting "2 dead garda" comments.)

Lets just leave it at that shall we? Even your fellow republicans seem to be deserting you like an on fire, sinking ship.

Just read over a few of your recent posts regarding the garda and see if you maybe need to pull back on the crap for a while. It will make you feel better.

My mother was born in the North & lived in Strabane (East Tyrone) for most of her childhood until my Grandfather had to move South after receiving threats from your loyalist mates like Johnny "Neo-Nazi" Adair.

So don't think I'm going treat you any different then I would a Free Stater just because your a Unionist. Unionists & Free Staters have both equally destroyed this country.

Go look for sympathy somewhere else.

• Advertisement

My mother was born in the North & lived in Strabane (East Tyrone) for most of her childhood until my Grandfather had to move South after receiving threats from your loyalist mates like Johnny "Neo-Nazi" Adair.

So don't think I'm going treat you any different then I would a Free Stater just because your a Unionist. Unionists & Free Staters have both equally destroyed this country.

Go look for sympathy somewhere else.

That's why I love you so much tdv. Mawaaaahaaahaaa! Excellent. Good night anyway. I got warnings about calling the ira and uvf "sc£m" which I didn't realise was a problem. How you have escaped with your posts makes me think you should change your username to david copperfield.

Your sympathy wouldn't be for me anyway. Night.

That's why I love you so much tdv. Mawaaaahaaahaaa! Excellent. Good night anyway. I got warnings about calling the ira and uvf "sc£m" which I didn't realise was a problem. How you have escaped with your posts makes me think you should change your username to david copperfield.

I don't want any thanks from any UVF drug dealers.

And one of my mothers neighbours who was a deaf mute (McDevitt was his last name I forget his first) was murdered by your big brave heroic British Army who shot him in cold blood because he didn't understand orders were being shouted at him. That's your great Union for you.

And one of my mothers neighbours who was a deaf mute (McDevitt was his last name I forget his first) was murdered by your big brave heroic British Army who shot him in cold blood because he didn't understand orders were being shouted at him. That's your great Union for you.

I did give one of the girls at school a love heart years ago. Does that make me a drug dealer? I wasn't a loyalist either. They are just as prickish as the Provos.

Have you by any chance been bitten by one of those "false" widow spiders they are rambling about in the papers? That might explain your delusional postings.

Regarding the mute that's pretty horrific actually I agree. Yet you fail to "shed a tear" about 2 dead garda murdered by republicans. Hmmmm? I can't put it better than hmmmmm?

There's your beloved terrorist army for you. So don't call me a liar.

You could say I was pretty pleased when I found out these terrorist scum where blown away at Narrow Water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Try not to get too annoyed tdv. Timthumbni lives in an alternate reality, with people like Willie Frazer, where Republicans were baddies and the RUC/UDR/BA were the goodies and that's that.

Try not to get too annoyed tdv. Timthumbni lives in an alternate reality, with people like Willie Frazer, where Republicans were baddies and the RUC/UDR/BA were the goodies and that's that.

Tis a bit late to sail to his aid now chuck. He looks to have already drowned. His last post along with the 2 dead garda post may have took all the air from his lungs. Or do you agree with his posts?

You should be quicker next time. Ps Hws life down south anyway? Ever get a visit to see us up here nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

It's a British thing. I'm in the US and nobody wears Poppies over here. So why would people in Ireland wear one?

Tis a bit late to sail to his aid now chuck. He looks to have already drowned. His last post along with the 2 dead garda post may have took all the air from his lungs. Or do you agree with his posts?

You should be quicker next time. Ps Hws life down south anyway? Ever get a visit to see us up here nowadays?

Okay if you don't support the UVF prove it. Support having the Union flag been flown alongside the tri-color if your so concerned about ending violence & having equality for all. Or does Ulster still say no to equality?

The double standards he has are just mind-boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Or do you agree with his posts?

Do you agree with Willie Frazer that security force collusion with loyalist murder gangs was justified?

• Advertisement

Do you agree with Willie Frazer that security force collusion with loyalist murder gangs was justified?

Of course he does he's a UVF/UDA/LVF closet supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Manassas61

Okay if you don't support the UVF prove it. Support having the Union flag been flown alongside the tri-color if your so concerned about ending violence & having equality for all. Or does Ulster still say no to equality?
    Flying a Republican flag if you aren't a Republican? That is a laugh. Nothing wrong with Unionists flying their own flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

old hippy wrote: »
    Indeed they do.

The purpose is what? To announce to all around you that you are in agreement of cannon fodder?

I'd rather wear some hot babe's knickers on my head and announce to the world that I shagged her.

Manassas61 wrote: »
    Flying a Republican flag if you aren't a Republican? That is a laugh. Nothing wrong with Unionists flying their own flags.

I think you read the post wrong.

I didn't ask a Unionist to fly a Republican flag I asked him to acknowledge the right of the nationalist people of the North to be able to fly the flag they identify with in their own country which is a very basic right. Or not to fly any flag at any time of the year, if we are to have true equality in the North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Jean McConville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What is KeithAFC trading under now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

bumper234 wrote: »
    Jean McConville.

Whatabouttery at it's finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

my granfather was in ww1 none of my family wear the poppy or his medals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

My father was also in the British army as were his brothers,not one would have wore the poppy nor would they take its pension or any other finically aid offered from it.

For me we should have a more publicised ceremony to honour all Irish men & women who died in the wars .(I know there is one but a more publicised one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

circadian wrote: »
    Whatabouttery at it's finest.

Nope

Just pointing out the irony

It is well known that the IRA,PIRA, RIRA, INAL et al are some of the biggest drug dealers in this country

Jean McConville

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jean_McConville

Jean McConville (1934 – December 1972) was a woman from Northern Ireland who, in 1972, was abducted and murdered by the Provisional IRA and secretly buried on a beach in the Republic of Ireland. Witnesses to her abduction claimed that she had given aid to a wounded British soldier,

Jean McConville was abducted from her home in December 1972 by twelve IRA members, comprising both men and women, who brought her to an unknown location. There they killed her with a single bullet to the back of the head, allegedly making her kneel down before shooting her.[4] Among her abductors was Dolours Price, who has claimed that she did so on the orders of Gerry Adams.

All for showing some compassion to a dying man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement