Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Lots of mentions of Ww1 and WW2 veterans, but aren't all these people dead now? (Well, the vast majority)

The money raised now goes to the veterans of NI, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.
    Not people I'd particularly want to be giving money to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Nope

Just pointing out the irony

It is well known that the IRA,PIRA, RIRA, INAL et al are some of the biggest drug dealers in this country

Jean McConville

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jean_McConville

Jean McConville (1934 – December 1972) was a woman from Northern Ireland who, in 1972, was abducted and murdered by the Provisional IRA and secretly buried on a beach in the Republic of Ireland. Witnesses to her abduction claimed that she had given aid to a wounded British soldier,

Jean McConville was abducted from her home in December 1972 by twelve IRA members, comprising both men and women, who brought her to an unknown location. There they killed her with a single bullet to the back of the head, allegedly making her kneel down before shooting her.[4] Among her abductors was Dolours Price, who has claimed that she did so on the orders of Gerry Adams.

All for showing some compassion to a dying man.

It's well known that these groups are the biggest drugs dealers?

Knowing you won't be able to provide a link I tried to find one myself, and guess what, I couldn't find any.

Can you show us where got this statement from?

Did you not see the drug dealer in Belfast who was killed last week by the Ira and they have given the rest of his gang warnings for drug dealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Lots of mentions of Ww1 and WW2 veterans, but aren't all these people dead now? (Well, the vast majority)

The money raised now goes to the veterans of NI, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.
    Not people I'd particularly want to be giving money to

It goes to people like this man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Malone

It's well known that these groups are the biggest drugs dealers?

Knowing you won't be able to provide a link I tried to find one myself, and guess what, I couldn't find any.

Can you show us where got this statement from?

Did you not see the drug dealer in Belfast who was killed last week by the Ira and they have given the rest of his gang warnings for drug dealing?

Have you led a very sheltered life? :rolleyes:

No no, come on now, you made a statement, now you have to back it up with some evidence, that's the way society works.

Now can you do this?

• Advertisement

No no, come on now, you made a statement, now you have to back it up with some evidence, that's the way society works.

Now can you do this?

You would like me to introduce you to the INLA people around Dublin city who i know who dealt drugs for the "cause"? Would you like me to introduce you to the IRA/RIRA/PIRA people who used to run security in Dublin city pubs and clubs and who used to either have their OWN dealers in there dealing drugs or would take a cut from local dealers? These are things i KNOW happened and still do happen but you will only believe it if you read it in the Times or Independent :rolleyes:

You would like me to introduce you to the INLA people around Dublin city who i know who dealt drugs for the "cause"? Would you like me to introduce you to the IRA/RIRA/PIRA people who used to run security in Dublin city pubs and clubs and who used to either have their OWN dealers in there dealing drugs or would take a cut from local dealers? These are things i KNOW happened and still do happen but you will only believe it if you read it in the Times or Independent :rolleyes:

Ah right so according to you it's happened and that's enough evidence for me to believe you.

Sorry things don't work this way, if they did we could have everyone running around throwing accusations and people getting locked up without any evidence.

Society doesn't work like this thank god.

Not much more to be said on the matter.

Actually wasn't the Dublin INLA stood down because some members were meant to be drug dealing, that much is true.

Ah right so according to you it's happened and that's enough evidence for me to believe you.

Sorry things don't work this way, if they did we could have everyone running around throwing accusations and people getting locked up without any evidence.

Society doesn't work like this thank god.

Not much more to be said on the matter.

Actually wasn't the Dublin INLA stood down because some members were meant to be drug dealing, that much is true.

I know what i saw with my own eyes...if that's not enough for you that's your problem.....most of us don't need reports in writing to know what's happening around us.

I know what i saw with my own eyes...if that's not enough for you that's your problem.....most of us don't need reports in writing to know what's happening around us.

Well here have a read of this.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/2678-drug-dealers-ira.html

The garda head of intelligence has said there is no evidence the IRA deal or have ever dealt drugs.

I know who I believe from you and him.

Well here have a read of this.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/2678-drug-dealers-ira.html

The garda head of intelligence has said there is no evidence the IRA deal or have ever dealt drugs.

I know who I believe from you and him.

No worries the bible says we all came from Adam and Eve, i supose if it's the written word then it must be true;) The whole point of my post in the first place was to point out the irony of him whinging about murders while his own heroes have committed the same atrocities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Well, he has been on a pirate ship for many years. It's hard to keep up from all the adventures he's been having.

I have noticed he arrives very quickly to defend dissidents on every thread. I see the dissidents have attempted to blow up psni twice again in this last couple of days. They are great fellas to be sure. Their vision of a united ireland is just around the corner. They can supply the drugs, the Provos can supply the diesel. The economy will be "booming" under these bottom of my shoe types.

I mean just how bad must you be when deputy martin calls you "sc&m"

It's not looking bright for the dissident druggies.

tdv123 wrote: »

There's your beloved terrorist army for you. So don't call me a liar.

You could say I was pretty pleased when I found out these terrorist scum where blown away at Narrow Water.

That you say you were pretty pleased my good fellow does not surprise me in the slightest. I suppose when you "wouldn't shed a tear" over the republican murder of the 2 garda it's hardly surprising you were "pretty pleased" about the Narrow water slaughter.

I would say your republican mask has slipped again but to be perfectly honest I don't think you have the wit to wear a mask. Anyway keep posting as I love watching republicans showing their true colours so to speak.

And btw again re Narrow Water you show again you have knowledge of various incidents over the years but yet absolutely no knowledge of the poppy. Amazing.

timthumbni wrote: »
    Well, he has been on a pirate ship for many years. It's hard to keep up from all the adventures he's been having.

I have noticed he arrives very quickly to defend dissidents on every thread. I see the dissidents have attempted to blow up psni twice again in this last couple of days. They are great fellas to be sure. Their vision of a united ireland is just around the corner. They can supply the drugs, the Provos can supply the diesel. The economy will be "booming" under these bottom of my shoe types.

I mean just how bad must you be when deputy martin calls you "sc&m"

It's not looking bright for the dissident druggies.

Uhh slagging me where it hurts, my boards username!

What's the point..

By the way I have never defended dissidents, in fact I said only last week how is killing psni officers gonna bring a united Ireland, but sure you work away there.

Manassas61 wrote: »
    Flying a Republican flag if you aren't a Republican? That is a laugh. Nothing wrong with Unionists flying their own flags.

If you read the gentlemans other posts you will see the sort of classy guy he is. Very much the true face of uber republicanism. A poster boy in fact.

Uhh slagging me where it hurts, my boards username!

What's the point..

By the way I have never defended dissidents, in fact I said only last week how is killing psni officers gonna bring a united Ireland, but sure you work away there.

It's more the fact that every thread I have saw here that mentions the dissidents you come on demanding proof they are drug dealers and/or running their own dealers, protection rackets etc. I just find it strange you do this on every thread. I mean why do you care?

It's more the fact that every thread I have saw here that mentions the dissidents you come on demanding proof they are drug dealers and/or running their own dealers, protection rackets etc. I just find it strange you do this on every thread. I mean why do you care?

Well i'm talking about the pira here with some evidence of drug dealing. Anyway these threads
    always go the same way, it's boring at this stage.

Of course he does he's a UVF/UDA/LVF closet supporter.

So first you refer to me as a uvf drug dealer, now I'm demoted to a uvf/uda/lvf closet supporter and let's not forget that according to you my mate is Jonny Adair. Lol. Lol. Lol.

The fact I have repeatedly called loyalist paras "sc&m" in numerous posts seems to have escaped you but whatever you are good for a giggle.

I have to admit that you are doing that good an impression of being a republican loon that I'm almost tempted to think you may in fact be a unionist just posting a wind up. If this is the case then bravo sir, bravo.

Final post by me on this one as jack is correct when he says these threads get boring, very, very quickly. (Although that tdv fella has at least gave me a laugh)

I will be wearing my poppy from today up to the 11th November. It's not meant to offend, nor meant to signify religion etc.

Let's face it there's a lot of uber republican types who will try to degrade and put down absolutely anything that is in anyway connected with England,uk army etc.
    The good thing is that these ones normally just pound their keyboard as rarely (in Northern Ireland anyway) have there been many issues with people wearing (or not wearing them)

On the scale of other issues we have/have had in wee Northern Ireland the poppy really isn't a big deal. (Apart from in certain peoples heads)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

i seen bumper234 dealing drugs in some of the local pubs around dublin. i dont need reports or any evidence whatsoever, because i seen it with my own eyes it must be true.

also bumpy, the ira were never a state army. the british army were/are and shot a mute. the people they are supposed to be protecting. disgraceful. you dont seem to be the smartest it seems. if he was giving out about loyalist paramilitaries gunning down irish people and you wanted to defend the brits then the ira comparison is valid. but not when it comes to the brit army. unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Final post by me on this one as jack is correct when he says these threads get boring, very, very quickly. (Although that tdv fella has at least gave me a laugh)

I will be wearing my poppy from today up to the 11th November. It's not meant to offend, nor meant to signify religion etc.

Let's face it there's a lot of uber republican types who will try to degrade and put down absolutely anything that is in anyway connected with England,uk army etc.
    The good thing is that these ones normally just pound their keyboard as rarely (in Northern Ireland anyway) have there been many issues with people wearing (or not wearing them)

On the scale of other issues we have/have had in wee Northern Ireland the poppy really isn't a big deal. (Apart from in certain peoples heads)

you do realise most of these threads get set up by people in the south who arnt nationalist as an excuse to bash it, sinn fein etc. yet the people who are nationalist still seem to get the blame for these threads for simply defending their viewpoint. if you dont like these threads, then you should call on your fellow unionists, revisionist and partitionists who infest the south down here to stop creating them

youll also find alot more small-minded, bigoted, sectarian hardcore loyalists than these "uber republican" types as you put it, who will put down anything connected to ireland and even so far as to the colour green. their hatred is reinforced by their insecurity of being the minority on the island, and even the thought of a united ireland terrifies them to their core

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I think it would be safe to assume that most people North or South won't be wearing a poppy. It is simply not an important enough issue for the majority of people worry themselves with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 barney10

Nodin wrote: »
    Off again Fred?

Anything to distract from centuries of evil.

Looks like you are off again too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 barney10

oh for fuck's sake, not again.

How did you get Thanks from 186 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

barney10 wrote: »
    How did you get Thanks from 186 ??
    I'd thank him twice if I could, this borefest comes up every year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Nope

Just pointing out the irony

It is well known that the IRA,PIRA, RIRA, INAL et al are some of the biggest drug dealers in this country

Jean McConville

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jean_McConville

Jean McConville (1934 – December 1972) was a woman from Northern Ireland who, in 1972, was abducted and murdered by the Provisional IRA and secretly buried on a beach in the Republic of Ireland. Witnesses to her abduction claimed that she had given aid to a wounded British soldier,

Jean McConville was abducted from her home in December 1972 by twelve IRA members, comprising both men and women, who brought her to an unknown location. There they killed her with a single bullet to the back of the head, allegedly making her kneel down before shooting her.[4] Among her abductors was Dolours Price, who has claimed that she did so on the orders of Gerry Adams.

All for showing some compassion to a dying man.

That's some nice free stater rhetoric.

3 points that would not have given rise to any of those groups.

1. If the UVF (or timthumbni's buddies as I refer to them) had not started their campaign of genocide against Catholics in 1966

2. If the Fee State army had the balls to move in to protect the nationalist communities from the pogroms being put on them. They didn't have the balls & the power vacuum left by them was instead filled by the IRA.

3. If the British Terrorist Army had remained neutral. They didn't remain neutral & carried out Unionist orders.

I'm not trying to make the Provos out to be angels at all they were not. But god only knows the size of the massacre that might have happened to the nationalist communities if they had not stepped in to save those people.

As for the drug dealing part do you have any links to this being PIRA policy to deal drugs? I remember in 1996 they confiscated £20,000 worth of Cannabis & handed it over to the local priest to give to security forces. So I'm pretty skeptical about your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wearing a poppy is a sign of your support for British Imperialism.

I will never wear a poppy.

If you read the gentlemans other posts you will see the sort of classy guy he is. Very much the true face of uber republicanism. A poster boy in fact.

I reach out the hand of friendship & ask you to recognize the rights of the nationalist community to be allowed to fly their own flag & you slap it away. I didn't ask you to fly any Republican flag. Twist the truth & ignoring the hand of friendship. Typical of a UVF supporter.

That's some nice free stater rhetoric.

3 points that would not have given rise to any of those groups.

1. If the UVF (or timthumbni's buddies as I refer to them) had not started their campaign of genocide against Catholics in 1966

2. If the Fee State army had the balls to move in to protect the nationalist communities from the pogroms being put on them. They didn't have the balls & the power vacuum left by them was instead filled by the IRA.

3. If the British Terrorist Army had remained neutral. They didn't remain neutral & carried out Unionist orders.

I'm not trying to make the Provos out to be angels at all they were not. But god only knows the size of the massacre that might have happened to the nationalist communities if they had not stepped in to save those people.

As for the drug dealing part do you have any links to this being PIRA policy to deal drugs? I remember in 1996 they confiscated £20,000 worth of Cannabis & handed it over to the local priest to give to security forces. So I'm pretty skeptical about your claim.

Nope am an ex serving member of the British army and I worked as a doorman in Dublin for nearly 20 years I dare say I know more provisionals than you do.

Nope am an ex serving member of the British army and I worked as a doorman in Dublin for nearly 20 years I dare say I know more provisionals than you do.

British Army/Free State Army both have the same goal, to hold down the North for a alien government.

So your saying you colluded with provisionals? That's lovely.

Murder much people at Springhill Rd or Ballymurphy during your time in the BA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

I noticed that some mannequins in shop windows are wearing poppies in england

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement