Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

also bumpy, the ira were never a state army. the british army were/are and shot a mute. the people they are supposed to be protecting. disgraceful. you dont seem to be the smartest it seems. if he was giving out about loyalist paramilitaries gunning down irish people and you wanted to defend the brits then the ira comparison is valid. but not when it comes to the brit army. unlucky

And yet the IRA managed to kill more Catholics than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

tdv123 wrote: »
    British Army/Free State Army both have the same goal, to hold down the North for a alien government.

You've been watching sci-fi films again, haven't you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Same faces?........... check!

Same arguments?.......... check!

See yee next year then so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

British Army/Free State Army both have the same goal, to hold down the North for a alien government.

So your saying you colluded with provisionals? That's lovely.

Murder much people at Springhill Rd or Ballymurphy during your time in the BA?

Never served in NI although me and my team did see action in Iraq in 91.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

And yet the IRA managed to kill more Catholics than anyone else.

Thanks to the British policy of deliberately moving people into places were they knew bombs were to make themselves look good & to paint the Provos however they liked.

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    Never served in NI although me and my team did see action in Iraq in 91.

Well done for bombing that weaker country & it's people back to the stone age.

karma_ wrote: »
    Same faces?........... check!

Same arguments?.......... check!

See yee next year then so.

Not me!!!! I didn't realise this was a boards tradition but yeah see you next year :)

Thanks to the British policy of deliberately moving people into places were they knew bombs were to make themselves look good & to paint the Provos however they liked.

Eniskillen!

Well done for bombing that weaker country & it's people back to the stone age.

Oh I am sorry you seem to have mistaken me for an American B52 pilot.

Gee Bag wrote: »
    You've been watching sci-fi films again, haven't you?

No I don't like them type of films. It's a well known fact the Dublin government does not want any extra people in their country. Sure their delighted when they see their fellow countrymen heading of to the States, UK, Australia etc... in droves.

• Advertisement

Oh I am sorry you seem to have mistaken me for an American B52 pilot.

So you just went to the giant crater that was Iraq then for a cup of tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

What the hell is this doing on an irish forum? Haha blatant stirring nothing to do with the Irish why on earth would an Irish person wear one haha

Eniskillen!

Whataboutery.

I've already made my feelings about that tragedy very clear.

No I don't like them type of films. It's a well known fact the Dublin government does not want any extra people in their country.

As with all your other posts I trust you have a verifiable source for this claim?

As with all your other posts I trust you have a verifiable source for this claim?

Yes, my memory.

Yes, my memory.

I think we've already established that your memory is somewhat selective.

So you just went to the giant crater that was Iraq then for a cup of tea?

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Typical armchair republican spouting the typical armchair republican rhetoric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I noticed that some mannequins in shop windows are wearing poppies in england

There were a lot of unfortunate dummies used in the wars...

I think we've already established that your memory is somewhat selective.

That's great for you.

I also dispute the claim that Republicans killed more catholics than the BA.

Just under 700 civilians were killed by Republicans.

The Ba killed 190 directly & over 800 indirectly threw the loyalist death squads.

That's great for you.

I also dispute the claim that Republicans killed more catholics than the BA.

Just under 700 civilians were killed by Republicans.

The Ba killed 190 directly & over 800 indirectly threw the loyalist death squads.

And I am sure you have SOLID evidence of these claims right?

• Advertisement

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Typical armchair republican spouting the typical armchair republican rhetoric.

Call me what you like. How do you sleep at night knowing you had a helping hand in destroying a weaker country & people?

And I am sure you have SOLID evidence of these claims right?

Well if the sutton index of deaths is now making stuff up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

God this thread is an absolute trainwreck. I'm so glad this is my only contribution to it.

Can we all agree not to start one next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

realies wrote: »
    True :) but it was old hippys turn this year to start the thread and I hope to do it next year, it's sort of a tradition here now :D
    God this thread is an absolute trainwreck. I'm so glad this is my only contribution to it.

Can we all agree not to start one next year?

Sorry it's my turn next year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Yeah.

I remember the past three years living here in Ireland I've worn one, and waiting at the bus stop or wherever, there's always some old idiot who decides to either give me a lecture about it or ask me if I even know WHAT it means, to all of which I usually reply that yes I do and if they don't stop judging me for it I'll quickly text my uncle and ask him to send them a picture of the two fake legs he's forced to live with after losing his own serving for the british army not even 4 years ago.

So yes I'll wear a poppy to show my support for the armed forces the same way I spend most of my free time fundraising for charities like H4H so that injured soldiers get the treatment and compensation they deserve.

Sob stories dont just work for X Factor, they also make judgemental idiots feel reallyyy bad about themselves. :D

I can't say a feel any sympathy for your uncle choosing to join an army that fights in extremely questionable campaigns and wars and then losing his legs caring out the work of that army.

No tears shed for him or any of his colleagues from me.

HoggyRS wrote: »
    I can't say a feel any sympathy for your uncle choosing to join an army that fights in extremely questionable campaigns and wars and then losing his legs caring out the work of that army.

No tears shed for him or any of his colleagues from me.

Amen to that.

The British Army have a monopoly on crimes against humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

realies wrote: »
    Sorry it's my turn next year:D

ah gimme a break you've had 3 years to start one!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Amen to that.

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Amen to that.

That's rather a stupid statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Can someone please tell tdv123 that he needs to get home for his tea and that his da is very cross.

Seriously any mods out there willing to bring this to a close and let the trolls go home or at least graze elsewhere. It's so far past its use by date that penicillin is growing out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement