Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Nodin wrote: »
    That's rather a stupid statement.

Well it's not really.

Here's just a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_war_crimes

timthumbni wrote: »
    Can someone please tell tdv123 that he needs to get home for his tea and that his da is very cross.

Seriously any mods out there willing to bring this to a close and let the trolls go home or at least graze elsewhere. It's so far past its use by date that penicillin is growing out of it.

Ah help from the administrative powers, the good old UVF way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

tdv123 wrote: »
    Call me what you like. How do you sleep at night knowing you had a helping hand in destroying a weaker country & people?

I helped to kick an aggressive invader out of an occupied country. ...a bit like you IRA heross right?

Well if the sutton index of deaths is now making stuff up....

This is evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well it's not really.

....I don't need a lecture on British War crimes, in particular from somebody who needed the poppy explained to him.

The statement "the british have a monopoly on war crimes" is both stupid and untrue.

• Advertisement

Amen to that.

The British Army have a monopoly on crimes against humanity.

Israel, USA, are both committing crimes against humanity right now where is your hand wringing over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Those who take issue with people who wear one are idiots, and those who take issue with people who don't wear one are even bigger idiots.

Obviously as an Irish Republican I will never wear one, but I couldn't give a f**k who does.

bumper234 wrote: »
    I helped to kick an aggressive invader out of an occupied country. ...a bit like you IRA heross right?

So when your boyos get involved in middle east conflicts & make Iraq withdraw for Kuwait (whilst killing 1000's of Iraqi civilians in the process) you think your heroes. But when the IRA try to make Britain withdraw from their own country their terrorists?

Did you ever hear of the story of the Alexander the Great & the pirate?

So when your boyos get involved in middle east conflicts & make Iraq withdraw for Kuwait (whilst killing 1000's of Iraqi civilians in the process) you think your heroes. But when the IRA try to make Britain withdraw from their own country their terrorists?

Did you ever hear of the story of the Alexander the Great & the pirate?

So civilian casualties in the theater of war are bad but civilian casualties by a terrorist organisation are ok in your book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So civilian casualties in the theater of war are bad but civilian casualties by a terrorist organisation are ok in your book?

What choice did the ira have?

Register as a legitimate army and fight the might of the British empire with about 3000 men?

Civilian casualties are a horrible consequence of war whether they happen from an army or a terrorist organization, both equal.

• Advertisement

....I don't need a lecture on British War crimes, in particular from somebody who needed the poppy explained to him.

The statement "the british have a monopoly on war crimes" is both stupid and untrue.

Well I don't need a lecture from a free stater. You say it's untrue without supplying evidence

Well I don't need a lecture from a free stater. You say it's untrue without supplying evidence

...I don't have to. It's patently untrue.

No where did I say that?

...I don't have to. It's patently untrue.

It's patently very true.

It's patently very true.

The holocaust?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Jesus Christ you know your opinion is skewed when you call Nodin a Free Stater!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

And I'm not insulting the memory of the dead Gardai, I'm sorry anybody has to die in war.

A good sentiment to carry, but when did Gardai die in a war?
    My granfather was in ww1 none of my family wear the poppy or his medals

Curious, have you or the family ever honoured his sacrifice in any way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

And yet the IRA managed to kill more Catholics than anyone else.

What choice did the ira have?

Register as a legitimate army and fight the might of the British empire with about 3000 men?

Civilian casualties are a horrible consequence of war whether they happen from an army or a terrorist organization, both equal.

I agree .... the smell of burning human flesh is not something you ever forget. I can honestly say though that I have never killed an innocent civilian and in fact have saved the life of many.

I agree .... the smell of burning human flesh is not something you ever forget. I can honestly say though that I have never killed an innocent civilian and in fact have saved the life of many.

Fair play to you, pity their all not like you.

• Advertisement

Mod

tdv123 banned for trolling.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I've just had to read all of this thread. Bring back the Friday night movie thread instead.

FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

My head hurts after reading this, like somebody else said, I dont care if somebody wears one but I never would.

Same as I would never wear a rhodesian army emblem or a viet cong emblem,

and dont get me started on that prick by the name of Che bat **** insane Guevara and the people who wear the tshirts......

thank you it means I never have to waste my time even to try and talk to you. Its just automatic instant ignore.

You, that are wearing the tshirts and quoting him are the very people he would have shot. Isnt it ironic, dont you think..

kupus wrote: »
    My head hurts after reading this, like somebody else said, I dont care if somebody wears one but I never would.

Same as I would never wear a rhodesian army emblem or a viet cong emblem,

and dont get me started on that prick by the name of Che bat **** insane Guevara and the people who wear the tshirts......

thank you it means I never have to waste my time even to try and talk to you. Its just automatic instant ignore.

You, that are wearing the tshirts and quoting him are the very people he would have shot. Isnt it ironic, dont you think..

Starts off with I don't care if someone wears one and ends with a rant full of curses and the likes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Starts off with I don't care if someone wears one and ends with a rant full of curses and the likes!

Even worse, it finishes with a line from a fvckin Alanis Morrisette song!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

sorry if i dont conform with the armchair republican agenda waged from behind the wire keyboards. So I should dislike somebody if they choose to wear a poppy. well its no skin off my nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

kupus wrote: »
    sorry if i dont conform with the armchair republican agenda waged from behind the wire keyboards. So I should dislike somebody if they choose to wear a poppy. well its no skin off my nose.
    That's not what they said. They just noted that you claimed not to care and then went off on a rant. Nothing whatsoever to indicate that you should be an armchair republican.

Surely all Republicans are users of armchairs these days? What a weird accusation. It's almost as if they're saying 'Sure you're only a non-ASU Republican you are - I only take Republicans who are actively killing and blowing stuff up seriously'.

What's the reverse?.. 'why do you think drugs should be illegal? Sure you've never mainlined heroin or smoked crack'.

XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Rubeter

Surely all Republicans are users of armchairs these days? What a weird accusation. It's almost as if they're saying 'Sure you're only a non-ASU Republican you are - I only take Republicans who are actively killing and bowing stuff up seriously'.

What's the reverse?.. 'why do you think drugs should be illegal? Sure you've never mainlined heroin or smoked crack'.

XD
    Written by someone who by the nature of his location, signature and rather odd and irrelevant rant about peoples fashion preferences would certainly be deserving of the term "keyboard warrior", no doubt banged out while sitting in an armchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've them coming from both sides of the argument, I posted about this before on boards. My Great Grandfather had his house burnt down by the Black and Tans for aiding injured Volunteer men during the War of Independence, He was a Doctor. My Grandmother was only a baby in her pram on that night. They knocked on the door and the officer in charge ordered everyone out of the house, they then removed every piece of furniture and movable fixture before torching the curtains. The Officer then apologised to my Great Gran Father and explained the reasons. (The British never like to offend :pac:)

His Son my Gran Uncle joined the RAF during WW2 and saw combat off aircraft carriers. He survived the war and was awarded medals but never spoke about it to his death. In 2005 my father contacted RAF High Wycombe and after some liaison they forwarded us all his service details.

• Advertisement

Rubeter wrote: »
    Written by someone who by the nature of his location,

The nature of my location? What do you mean sweetie? Be specific - let's not waste electrons.
    signature and rather odd and irrelevant rant about peoples fashion preferences would certainly be deserving of the term "keyboard warrior", no doubt banged out while sitting in an armchair.

Lol, what r u on about? U o k hun?

XD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement