Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Rubeter

The nature of my location? What do you mean sweetie? Be specific - let's not waste electrons.

Lol, what r u on about? U o k hun?

XD
    I know it's early and it takes me a while to wake up too. :)
    There is only one person who has recently mentioned (ranted about) fashion and it wasn't you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Manassas61

Preparing my Remembrance day wreath for the local cenotaph to Ulsters patriot dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Manassas61 wrote: »
    Preparing my Remembrance day wreath for the local cenotaph to Ulsters patriot dead.

Ulstermen gave a lot in both wars in fairness, especially the 36th Ulster Division in WW1. Hard men, I wouldn't have agreed with their politics back home but I wouldn't deny the fact that were brave soldiers when at war.

Manassas61 wrote: »

Re reg. Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Not this ****e again. Every poxy year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

tallus wrote: »

And where have you been for the last three days ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 barney10

Nodin wrote: »
    ...I don't have to. It's patently untrue.

Where is the evidence ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

red isnt my color,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Easter lily, yes...poppy, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

MonstaMash wrote: »

Poppy yes....Easter lily, no

• Advertisement

barney10 wrote: »
    Where is the evidence ??

Are you denying that the holocaust happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

MonstaMash wrote: »

Out of curiosity do many people actually wear the Easter lily down south?

I know in Northern Ireland SF have their wee thing but I can't recall ever seeing anyone on the street or whatever wearing one.

timthumbni wrote: »

I know in Northern Ireland SF have their wee thing but I can't recall ever seeing anyone on the street or whatever wearing one.

You don't see many, i used to get them coming to the pubs at night trying to get in to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

timthumbni wrote: »

I've no idea what an Easter lily looks like. Only people I've seen wearing poppys down south are northerners at rugby internationals.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Poppy yes....Easter lily, no
    To each their own ;)

I've no idea what an Easter lily looks like.
    Easter lily...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I can't say I've ever seen the Lily worn by a person in my locality. I live in North Tipp which traditionally was a strong Republican area. I think we've mellowed into 'Free Stater's' as Tdv would say. The majority of folks here like their Prem soccer and X Factor and have Zero interest in NI and it's politics, it's viewed as the 'Brit's' problem. To hazard a guess I'd say some down here would oppose any referendum on reunification.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Are we finished now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I can't say I've ever seen the Lily worn by a person in my locality. I live in North Tipp which traditionally was a strong Republican area. I think we've mellowed into 'Free Stater's' as Tdv would say. The majority of folks here like their Prem soccer and X Factor and have Zero interest in NI and it's politics, it's viewed as the 'Brit's' problem. To hazard a guess I'd say some down here would oppose any referendum on reunification.

You don't have to dislike prem soccer or x factor to have an opinion on the north!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

realies wrote: »

What has that got to do with anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

mattjack wrote: »
    Are we finished now ?

Nah, next year's thread is being prepared as we speak....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

We should create a sub forum and throw these threads there. It's the same with the july 12th marches as well.

Do yourselves a favour and read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Armed-Struggle-History-Richard-English/dp/0195177533/

This thread has way too much ignorance. Idiots the lot of you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

[-0-] wrote: »
    We should create a sub forum and throw these threads there. It's the same with the july 12th marches as well.

Do yourselves a favour and read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Armed-Struggle-History-Richard-English/dp/0195177533/

Last comment sums up why wearing of either flower is such a turn off. The barely concealed hatreds this annual circular argument throws up. Pah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

realies wrote: »
    What has that got to do with anything ?

It was an attempt at some humour,obviously did not work :o

But I do find that if one stays away and does not post in threads they don't like, or have no interest in, does help in not getting oneself to upset.

Why should people read that book over any other on the subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭justforlaugh

mattjack wrote: »
    Are we finished now ?

no we got about another two more weeks of this...

Why should people read that book over any other on the subject?

It's the most unbiased book on the subject.

It's the most unbiased book on the subject.

I could show you 5 books on the British army that paint them in great light. They all claim to be unbiased so does that mean the BA will suddenly be great lads?

I could show you 5 books on the British army that paint them in great light. They all claim to be unbiased so does that mean the BA will suddenly be great lads?

This book does not paint the BA in a great light. It shows what they really are/were; scumbags.

• Advertisement

This book does not paint the BA in a great light. It shows what they really are/were; scumbags.

I could also show you 20 "unbiased" books saying the same thing about the IRA. The thing is you see one mans unbiased view is another mans lies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement