Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

bumper234 wrote: »
    So were the Nazi's.

"All" that the Nazis did was carry out similar crimes to many other empires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Zebra3 wrote: »
    "All" that the Nazis did was carry out similar crimes to many other empires.

JUST LOL :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Nodin wrote: »
    ....it wasn't possible to avoid doing so. In 1955, it was certainly possible to avoid joining the BA.

In 1955 if you lived in England Scotland and Wales you had no exemption from National Service for being born and brought up in Ireland . So if you wished to continue to reside in the England Scotland or Wales you certainly had to join the forces if they wanted you

JUST LOL :rolleyes:

Go on them, tell me what they did differently?

Genocide, ethnic cleansing, unprovoked war....

They did nothing new.

Snappier outfits though.

They did nothing new.

Snappier outfits though.

The same could be said about America, Spain, Turkey, Russia, Croatia, India and Pakistan to name but a few.

• Advertisement

The same could be said about America, Spain, Turkey, Russia, Croatia, India and Pakistan to name but a few.

So you've changed your mind then and now you agree with me? :confused:

So you've changed your mind then and now you agree with me? :confused:

Not in the slightest i am just saying that if you are going to say that about one nation then it should be said about them all.

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Americas veterans day or memorial day to be boycotted?

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Spains Día de las Fuerzas Armadas to be boycotted?

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Russias День защитника Отечества / Dyen' zaschitnika Otechestva (Defender of the Fatherland Day) to be boycotted?

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Croatia's Dan Oružanih snaga Republike Hrvatske ( Day of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Croatia) to be boycotted?

Or do you only say boycott the poppy because it's British?:rolleyes:

Not in the slightest i am just saying that if you are going to say that about one nation then it should be said about them all.

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Americas veterans day or memorial day to be boycotted?

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Spains Día de las Fuerzas Armadas to be boycotted?

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Russias День защитника Отечества / Dyen' zaschitnika Otechestva (Defender of the Fatherland Day) to be boycotted?

So when can we expect to see a thread calling for Croatia's Dan Oružanih snaga Republike Hrvatske ( Day of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Croatia) to be boycotted?

I'm not aware of any of those countries occupying Ireland and carrying out ethnic cleansing and genocide here and I also doubt many Irish people would actually get the opportunity to boycott those days, so it's kind of a moot point.

Like a lot of what you post.

I'm not aware of any of those countries occupying Ireland and carrying out ethnic cleansing and genocide here and I also doubt many Irish people would actually get the opportunity to boycott those days, so it's kind of a moot point.

Like a lot of what you post.

But genocide by any country is wrong right? Or are you just a Brit hater like most of the armchair republicans on here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

But genocide by any country is wrong right? Or are you just a Brit hater like most of the armchair republicans on here?

They're not all armchair republicans here. Many are high stool republicans

• Advertisement

Santa Cruz wrote: »

And my guess would be 99% have never been North of Skerries and couldn't tell the difference between a British army uniform and an Irish army one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Horrible thread full of idiot ra-heads building strawmen 5 miles high.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dublinbhoy88

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    not forgetting the bar stool republican haters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

There are some people here who would give Willie Frazer a run for money...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Probably whenever those countries try selling little memorials to their various massacres in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

They did nothing new.

Snappier outfits though.

I would suggest the whole rounding up people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sexuality and disability and then attempting to eradicate them in mechanized efficient death camps pretty much trumps anything ever done before or after.

I would suggest the whole rounding up people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sexuality and disability and then attempting to eradicate them in mechanized efficient death camps pretty much trumps anything ever done before or after.

Concentration camps you mean? Those things the British invented during the Second Boer War?

Concentration camps you mean? Those things the British invented during the Second Boer War?

No, a death camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Or are you just a Brit hater like most of the armchair republicans on here?

Armchair Irish hating jingoist loyalists exist too! Are you comfy there in your armchair, you've posted 155 times on this thread so far!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Or worse the armchair "republicans" who haven't even the most basic grasp of Irish history specifically, and world history generally.
    BTW you still insisting that 1916 was a Sinn Fein rising?

• Advertisement

moxin wrote: »
    Armchair Irish hating jingoist loyalists exist too! Are you comfy there in your armchair, you've posted 155 times on this thread so far!:eek:

I don't hate the Irish, I live in Ireland and my son is Irish.

Also how am i "Jingoist" in my beliefs?

Jingoistic people tend to be violent in their attitudes, particularly when it comes to national interests. Jingoists are more offensive, and they believe in extreme solutions such as war instead of promoting peaceful solutions. Because of their aggressiveness, sometimes the people call them “war hawks.”[/I]

No, a death camp.

My apologies, I must have dreamt that i read thousands upon thousands of Boer civilians and black Africans died in Britain's concentration camps.
    They were of course reinvigorating spas, were people were held, safe and sound, until the war was over.

Or worse the armchair "republicans" who haven't even the most basic grasp of Irish history specifically, and world history generally.
    BTW you still insisting that 1916 was a Sinn Fein rising?
    no it was a Teletubby rising FFS,if you have never heard of the Easter Rising being referred to as the Sinn Fein Rising you shouldn't try and be little other peoples knowledge of Irish history unless you want to continue to make a fool of yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

no it was a Teletubby rising FFS,if you have never heard of the Easter Rising being referred to as the Sinn Fein Rising (EH nope, never heard of it referred to as that, probably because they nothing to do with it)
    you shouldn't try and be little other peoples knowledge of Irish history unless you want to continue to make a fool of yourself

Hard to belittle someone knowledge of history when they lack any knowledge to belittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

My apologies, I must have dreamt that i read thousands upon thousands of Boer civilians and black Africans died in Britain's concentration camps.
    They were of course reinvigorating spas, were people were held, safe and sound, until the war was over.

Black Africans?

28,000 Boers died and around 11,000 British soldiers died in a cholera epidemic that swept through the camps.

Not the empire's finest hour, by any stretch of the imagination. It would be somewhat disingenuous to try and compare that to the 6,000,000 people executed in gas ovens in Dachau etc.

Black Africans?

28,000 Boers died and around 11,000 British soldiers died in a cholera epidemic that swept through the camps.

Not the empire's finest hour, by any stretch of the imagination. It would be somewhat disingenuous to try and compare that to the 6,000,000 people executed in gas ovens in Dachau etc.
    Or the million who died in the famine, strange how the biggest empire the world had ever seen could not manage to feed a part of the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

It's amazing what a poor grasp of history Irish people actually have. Then again, that's the result of a poor education system, where history is replaced by republican propaganda. It's hilarious that Irish people try to tell the British that the history they are taught in the UK is "wrong" or "one-sided", when, having seen the homework my son gets in his irish school, history taught in Irish schools may as well consist of a few leaflets distributed by Sinn Fein, and a Wolfe Tones CD.

History Classes In Ireland, or ""Why we should hate the Brits and use them as a scapegoat so that we never have to take responsibility for our own actions or the failings of our nation and people, part 1"

It's amazing what a poor grasp of history Irish people actually have. Then again, that's the result of a poor education system, where history is replaced by republican propaganda. It's hilarious that Irish people try to tell the British that the history they are taught in the UK is "wrong" or "one-sided", when, having seen the homework my son gets in his irish school, history taught in Irish schools may as well consist of a few leaflets distributed by Sinn Fein, and a Wolfe Tones CD.

History Classes In Ireland, or ""Why we should hate the Brits and use them as a scapegoat so that we never have to take responsibility for our own actions or the failings of our nation and people, part 1"
    so there is no British propaganda in the UK educational system I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

so there is no British propaganda in the UK educational system I take it?

Of course there is. But to hear many of the posters on here over the years, the irish system only teaches the cold hard truth and nothing else.

Utter nonsense, of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement