Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

Jon Snow of Channel 4 had the best idea. "I do not wear emblems of any kind."

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭IrishProd

drquirky wrote: »
    T-runner. I'm not remotely a fan of bombing civilians. However I think it's a bit rich for any Irishman to pontificate about WW2 when your country didn't have the courage to confront fascism

Wrong, Irishmen (republicans), for example, confronted and fought against the fascists in the Spanish Civil War, which is historical fact as I have already pointed out before, but has been conveniently ignored....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

IrishProd wrote: »
    Wrong, Irishmen (republicans), for example, confronted and fought against the fascists in the Spanish Civil War, which is historical fact as I have already pointed out before, but has been conveniently ignored....
    Good thing the Irish were there to fight the fascists! ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dWi1ftqEfOg/TVSLk1BObwI/AAAAAAAABmo/UUImWpiGSFM/s1600/blueshirts%255B1%255D.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

....because no other neutral or allied state had a right wing or Nazi party, at all, in any way shape or form. Well done to you, for a historically sound jibe well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Nodin wrote: »
    ....because no other neutral or allied state had a right wing or Nazi party, at all, in any way shape or form. Well done to you, for a historically sound jibe well made.
    I didn't say they didn't. you're just pointing out the obvious. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

old hippy wrote: »
    It's that time of year again where mass debates ensue over paper flowers, pensioners, prisoners of war, the struggle, lillies et al. I noticed the first advert this morning at the bus stop today.

Will you be sporting one?

You are a mass debater!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

bumper234 wrote: »
    You finally have the evidence of this? I know the UVF bombed Dublin and Monaghan but was it ever proven that the British Army had anything to do with this?

I suggest you read this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lethal-Allies-British-Collusion-Ireland/dp/1781171882

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

A book? Does the author have definitive PROOF and EVIDENCE that the BA colluded with the UVF in the Dublin bombings? This book was published almost 2 weeks ago why hasn't there been arrests over all of this new evidence?

A book? Does the author have definitive PROOF and EVIDENCE that the BA colluded with the UVF in the Dublin bombings? This book was published almost 2 weeks ago why hasn't there been arrests over all of this new evidence?

It seems we have a Doubting John Thomas among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭A Scoundrel

HansHolzel wrote: »
    Jon Snow of Channel 4 had the best idea. "I do not wear emblems of any kind."
    The poppy is not an emblem. It is a statement of appreciation for people whose lives were sacrificed in the wars. I don't know why people need to turn it into a political football. It's no more political than a floral wreath placed on a grave.

The poppy is a personal statement of solidarity with the dead, not with their political leaders.

• Advertisement

Jon Snow's reply was precisely in connection with the poppy.

God bless your innocence, if that's what it is.

It seems we have a Doubting John Thomas among us.

So you think the little things like evidence should be done away with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Apparently the British Government seems to think so when convenient...Birmingham 6, Guildford 4!? :rolleyes:

That, my friend, was what collusion was all about ;-)

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Apparently the British Government seems to think so when convenient...Birmingham 6, Guildford 4!? :rolleyes:

Yup....and the truth came out.
    That, my friend, was what collusion was all about ;-)

So no evidence then?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭A Scoundrel

God bless your innocence, if that's what it is.
    Sorry to hear about your cynicism. Condolences. I'll wear a poppy for both of us, ok?

wear a dress while you're at it

you're the one with the fetish

Yup....and the truth came out.

In the case of the Birmingham 6,16 years later & only after their convictions were declared unsafe & unsatisfactory & quashed by the court of appeal on 14 March 1991..

The convictions of the Maguire Seven were quashed in 1991, again 16 years later...
    The court held that members of the London Metropolitan Police beat some of the seven into confessing to the crimes and withheld information that would have cleared them...

British justice, only if your Irish though...

Luckily you have a new enemy within to contend with, colonialism has really paid off...you reap what you sow ;) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Would this not be more fitting, so to speak? ;)

Might be a bit bloody for his liking....

In the case of the Birmingham 6,16 years later & only after their convictions were declared unsafe & unsatisfactory & quashed by the court of appeal on 14 March 1991..

The convictions of the Maguire Seven were quashed in 1991, again 16 years later...
    The court held that members of the London Metropolitan Police beat some of the seven into confessing to the crimes and withheld information that would have cleared them...

British justice, only if your Irish though...

Luckily you have a new enemy within to contend with, colonialism has really paid off...you reap what you sow ;) :rolleyes:

As i said....the truth came out....where is the proof of collusion between the UVF and the BA? You do have it right?

As for the bolded....care to elaborate?

wazky wrote: »
    Might be a bit bloody for his liking....

Na but i do have my union jack on the back of my trainers and on my jacket lapel.

Na but i do have my union jack on the back of my trainers and on my jacket lapel.

Did your mammy sow them on for you?

wazky wrote: »
    Did your mammy sow them on for you?

She has been dead for 20 years so that would be a no :rolleyes:

As i said....the truth came out....where is the proof of collusion between the UVF and the BA? You do have it right?

As for the bolded....care to elaborate?

I never mentioned collusion, you must be confusing me with another poster, no harm, I forgive you ;)

As for the bolded...lucky for us Irish, your homegrown Muslim dissidents are enemy #1 now...phew :eek:

So is mine, want to meet up for coffee and talk 'bout it?

Sorry for your loss...RIP

• Advertisement

I never mentioned collusion, you must be confusing me with another poster, no harm, I forgive you ;)

As for the bolded...lucky for us Irish, your homegrown Muslim dissidents are enemy #1 now...phew :eek:

And your homegrown republican dissidents (terrorists) are your problem:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement