Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

So you'll have no problem proving that then?

Its implicit in your turgid, repetitive posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    i wondered where you were haha

Whereas nobody noticed you were gone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

bumper234 wrote: »
    Yawn.

Evidence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Jackson

Suppose that he is just a one off though yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

timthumbni wrote: »
    I despise the loyalist paramilitaries and their actions along with their mirror image republican murdrers.

You love pushing that bull**** line don't you?
    "There is a congenial, indeed government-backed myth, in both Scotland and in Ireland, that "one side is bad as another": that Sinn Fein-IRA are pretty much the same as the UDA/UVF. This is simply untrue. There is no republican equivalent to the Romper Rooms of the UDA, wherein men were routinely beaten to a pulp by loyalist thugs, and from which both the term and the practice became celebrated. And then there was Lenny Murphy and his merry gang, the Shankill Butchers, who for years in the mid-1970s abducted, tortured and murdered Catholics -- usually by cutting their victims' throats.

This culture did not emerge simply as a response to IRA violence. It was there already. It was feckless, violent, drunken, lost, lumpen proletarians for whom a perverted tribal identity conjoined with a godlessly Calvinist sense of superiority, even as they stewed in their ghettoes of suffocating illiteracy and economic failure.

Kevin Myers

Irish Independent, June 23, 2011

I love how you ignore BA/UDR/RUC collusion too.

There is no equivalent of this degeneracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

wazky wrote: »
    Just wondering why would you bring up religion?, poor way of trying point score probably.

Point scoring on this thread. You are taking the pish now aren't ya? Have a read through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

Hans. I despise the loyalist paramilitaries and their actions along with their mirror image republican murdrers. I have no problem in saying this. It seems though that a lot of others have problems in saying this.

I wonder why???

You threw in a claim about the IRA yet, since you want to talk in terms of "murder", you ignored the role of the loyalist death squads, with ample state collusion, in building up the biggest death count of innocents in their 'fight' for the status quo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Play the ball not the man.

Hard not to when you come out with stupid statements like you did.

Do you honestly think a kid growing up on a council estate in Portsmouth is any different to one growing up in Derry?

People join the British army for the same reason they join the Irish, French or German armies and it has nothing to do with blood lust, it is about opportunities, adventure, proving yourself.

Fwiw, they hated going "over the water", they hated their role, the UDR, RUC, UVF, IRA and everything that went with it.

I know you love pushing the % civilian line. It's hard when the true numbers of death are pointed out isn't it.?

Oh sorry maybe you aren't the same person.

Point scoring on this thread. You are taking the pish now aren't ya? Have a read through it.

I seen you compare Loyalist paramilitaries to Republican paramilitaries and concluded that they were as bad as eachother, sorry but I didn't know that you were that deluded.

I It's hard when the true numbers of death are pointed out isn't it.?

I have pointed them out for you

• Advertisement

Yawn.

Evidence?

Are you... special? That would be a kind word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Yawn.

Evidence?

erm it was actually given but due to the belief held by poppy wearers the non-poppy deaths are not as valuble as their own precious deaths....as happens every two or so pages...evidence is clearly given but belittled or ignored in favour of the more precious deaths....and repeat stage every two or so pages

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    erm it was actually given but due to the belief held by poppy wearers the non-poppy deaths are not as valuble as their own precious deaths....as happens every two or so pages...evidence is clearly given but belittled or ignored in favour of the more precious deaths....and repeat stage every two or so pages

If it happens every two or three pages, then you'll have no problem giving examples.

If it happens every two or three pages, then you'll have no problem giving examples.

Explain please.

why its not like they'll actually be read just like all the previous times......xoxox

I seen you compare Loyalist paramilitaries to Republican paramilitaries and concluded that they were as bad as eachother, sorry but I didn't know that you were that deluded.

So are you saying that the IRA were ok, the uvf etc were s&um. I think they were both murdering losers. You enjoy the difference though if you wish. You stay classy now. (Will Ferrell voice, brilliant)

So are you saying that the IRA were ok, the uvf etc were s&um. I think they were both murdering losers. You enjoy the difference though if you wish. You stay classy now. (Will Ferrell voice, brilliant)

Where did I say the IRA were ok?

By the way, do you need adult supervision on the interwebs can I ask?

And? I see allegations but no evidence or conviction. If I allege you are a child molester does that make it true? Of course not!

Where is the evidence of collusion with the BA?

Where did I say the IRA were ok?

By the way, do you need adult supervision on the interwebs can I ask?

Why? Do you want me to send you a picture or something? Weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I know you love pushing the % civilian line. It's hard when the true numbers of death are pointed out isn't it.?

I didn't invent percentages. These are provided by University of Ulster's CAIN Sutton index. Drop them an email and let them know that their stats are annoying you.

What are your views on UDR/RUC collusion with loyalist murder gangs?

• Advertisement

And? I see allegations but no evidence or conviction. If I allege you are a child molester does that make it true? Of course not!

Where is the evidence of collusion with the BA?

So EVERYBODY that was quoted on that page was lying?, just pure coincidence that they blamed him was it?

Oh actually maybe it was a big conspiracy against him?, yeah lets go with that.

Why? Do you want me to send you a picture or something? Weird...

Again your quoting me on things I never said, congratulations.

Again your quoting me on things I never said, congratulations.

thats what makes this thread so funny......there "logic" is absolutely hilarious

Anyway my shinner bot senses are tingling around here. I thought this thread was dead well below 500 posts. It's now trebled. Great. In the end I'm wearing my poppy, others aren't and that's just life. As I said earlier this thread is really nothing to do with the poppy but rather a slagging exercise.

Let's move on to the modern day when Northern Ireland is still trying to move on. Horrifically slowly but we try. I know a lot of you aren't from here in Northern Ireland so it will be hard to understand but we are.

I love how you ignore BA/UDR/RUC collusion too.

There is no equivalent of this degeneracy.

Beating men to death? Cutting their throats? Killing innocent civilians? Not something your heroic IRA republicans would do right?

Oh wait

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Robert_McCartney

Anyway my shinner bot senses are tingling around here. I thought this thread was dead well below 500 posts. It's now trebled. Great. In the end I'm wearing my poppy, others aren't and that's just life. As I said earlier this thread is really nothing to do with the poppy but rather a slagging exercise.

Let's move on to the modern day when Northern Ireland is still trying to move on. Horrifically slowly but we try. I know a lot of you aren't from here in Northern Ireland so it will be hard to understand but we are.

So basically you can see now that your losing the arguement and are now trying to bow out with a shred of dignity?

If I píssed down bumper234's back and told him it was raining, would he be as quick to scream "Evidence?"

So basically you can see now that your losing the arguement and are now trying to bow out with a shred of dignity?

few pages too late tbh

HansHolzel wrote: »
    If I píssed down bumper234's back and told him it was raining, would he be as quick to scream "Evidence?"

I see you all quickly bypassed my post about the Irish government officials helping to arm the IRA death squads.

selective reading ;)

• Advertisement

I didn't invent percentages. These are provided by University of Ulster's CAIN Sutton index. Drop them an email and let them know that their stats are annoying you.

Percentages are bollocks to be honest. It is just a way of hiding behind stats.

If the British security forces had executed every player they arrested, then their stats would be "better" would they?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement