Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

What can I say, the Scottish are great at singing and so are the Irish...

The scottish are also going to be very good at building aircraft carriers, (at the expense of the Portsmouth ship builders), but thats a whole other thread I guess.

I contributed/bought my poppy today at lunchtime, from an elderly lady selling poppies outside Dun Laoghaire shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

tdv123 wrote: »
    What's their mission statement? Yes I read papers. Do you use Head Shoulders shampoo?

I use all in one actually.

UNDOF are responsible for the overall supervision of the buffer zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

LordSutch wrote: »
    The scottish are also going to be very good at building aircraft carriers, (at the expense of the Portsmouth ship builders), but thats a whole other thread I guess..

There are quite a few people in Portsmouth who are blaming this on the referendum. A political ploy to keep jobs in Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I contributed/bought my poppy today at lunchtime, from an elderly lady selling poppies outside Dun Laoghaire shopping centre.

Do you see the need to display it? Or do you just need it around to jog your memory like Bumper235?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Do you see the need to display it? Or do you just need it around to jog your memory like Bumper235?

No, I posted something totally unrelated to this thread (aircraft carriers), so I then thought I'd post something very relavent to this thread, namely poppies, and the fact that I bought one today in Dun Laoghaire!

Cor blimey, you're really on fire tonight, between this thread and the Gerry/disappeared thread.

• Advertisement

No, I posted something totally unrelated to this thread (aircraft carriers), so I then thought I'd post something very relavent to this thread, namely poppies, and the fact that I bought one today in Dun Laoghaire!

Cor blimey, you're really on fire tonight, between this thread and the Gerry/disappeared thread.

I was out all evening, just back.

Well somebody is posting under your user name in the "Numbers up Gerry" thread :))

GOOD NIGHT.

Well somebody is posting under your user name in the "Numbers up Gerry" thread :))

GOOD NIGHT.

Only since 23.16, hadn't posted since around 8. Hardly 'on fire'

Well you're bouncing between the two threads very nicely since 23:16.

Good night again Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well you're bouncing between the two threads very nicely since 23:16.

Good night again Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You should use tabs, it's easy to do. You can even answer questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Got an issue with a post, report it please.

Bickering is just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

There are quite a few people in Portsmouth who are blaming this on the referendum. A political ploy to keep jobs in Scotland.

I'd say quite a few of them are correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The scottish are also going to be very good at building aircraft carriers, (at the expense of the Portsmouth ship builders), but thats a whole other thread I guess.

Did she intimidate you into buying it? The pensioner that I bought mine from in Enniscorthy threatened me with a good kicking if I didn't buy one from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Did she intimidate you into buying it? The pensioner that I bought mine from in Enniscorthy threatened me with a good kicking if I didn't buy one from him.

That wasn't a snipers laser dot that was just some kid messing around :D

bumper234 wrote: »
    That wasn't a snipers laser dot that was just some kid messing around :D

Give a sniper an even break and at least wear it on your coat. Makes a good target! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,468 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You wanna wear a poppy? Wear one.

Don't agree with them? Don't.

Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

bumper234 wrote: »
    Please name one person living in Ireland who has had pressure "exerted" on them to wear a remembrance poppy.

Anyone appearing on BBC NI or UTV

Talking of BBC NI & Ulster Television, It i'll certainly be interesting this time next year when UTV (Ireland) start to broadcast in the Republic, with the prospect of seeing an Irish man wearing a Poppy live on Irish TV, for the 1st time ever?

Talking of BBC NI & Ulster Television, It i'll certainly be interesting this time next year when UTV (Ireland) start to broadcast in the Republic, with the prospect of seeing an Irish man wearing a Poppy live on Irish TV, for the 1st time ever?

Maybe they see an imminent UI, getting a head start. Everyone up North seems to be cosying up, Peter R was talking to the GAA there too. The times they are a changin' fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

Jesus wept, i hope there is a united ireland ASAP just so that i don't have to hear any more whingeing irishmen bleating about their 800 years rubbish and 6 counties that none of us british people want anything to do with anyway.

it'd be great to lump that financial and social burden on the Republic of Ireland. I'd give it 2 years before they go bankrupt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Saw a photo in yesterday's Independent of Martin o'Neill & Roy Keane wearing poppies.

This will really confuse the SF boffins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭OldRio

Jesus wept, i hope there is a united ireland ASAP just so that i don't have to hear any more whingeing irishmen bleating about their 800 years rubbish and 6 counties that none of us british people want anything to do with anyway.

it'd be great to lump that financial and social burden on the Republic of Ireland. I'd give it 2 years before they go bankrupt.

Just as well you don't whinge and make sweeping statements and generalisations as well.:D

Gosh, it wouldn't be like youse to walk away and leave a mess. :rolleyes:

Saw a photo in yesterday's Independent of Martin o'Neill & Roy Keane wearing poppies.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Maybe they see an imminent UI, getting a head start. Everyone up North seems to be cosying up, Peter R was talking to the GAA there too. The times they are a changin' fast.
    I always find it amazing not only when people see what they want to see but when what they see is actually the direct antithesis of what is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Agree totally. Struggling to run 26 counties, 32 impossible!

Yeah my stomach churns listening to the bods on about 800 years of oppression, hopes for United Ireland................

Sadly it is as if the SF idealists still believe in Santa, the tooth fairy , and leprechauns..........

As long as the SF leader continues to fool himself regarding his murky past, they may as we'll continue to believe in fairy tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭OldRio

I think you will find they were working on British TV.
    And when one works on British TV it is LAW to wear a poppy. To not wear said garment is punishable by death. Tis a fact. Honest.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I always find it amazing not only when people see what they want to see but when what they see is actually the direct antithesis of what is happening.

I always find it amazing when people with eyes in their heads, can't see.

Agree totally. Struggling to run 26 counties, 32 impossible!

Yeah my stomach churns listening to the bods on about 800 years of oppression, hopes for United Ireland................

Sadly it is as if the SF idealists still believe in Santa, the tooth fairy , and leprechauns..........

As long as the SF leader continues to fool himself regarding his murky past, they may as we'll continue to believe in fairy tales.

I love this kind of post too ^^^ It's almost as if...as if the British and Unionists have no past at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I always find it amazing when people with eyes in their heads, can't see.
    You're only seeing what you want to see. The reality is Ireland has never been further from amalgamation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement