Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

moxin wrote: »
    You might spot the odd one or two in a city wearing one, they are usually British tourists visiting here or British workers who immigrated and have not assimilated yet.

The vast majority of the Irish people don't wear one as they don't support the British military, they support the Irish military instead and simply put, they ain't Unionists.

Well I was looking for a little more than "I never see anyone wearing one, except the English lad in the shop" sorta thing. Any actual figures from RBL or whoever is over the sale of poppys here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Was sitting in my machine in London one day waiting for the burst watermain crew to turn up(could take days) with my feet up on the steering wheel when I saw 3 little f*ckers hassling an auld fella walking home from the pub,bit wary but couldn't stand back and watch this(while many did)and got out and it must have been my dirty unkempt appearance and Lee Strasberg method acting bravado but they scattered.

Auld boy was very thankful,trying to offer me a few quid and assumed my name was Pat:P,told me how he had fought in the war and I thought what stuff he could have gone through and seen and the way these little f*uckers treated him.

Bought a poppy that year(didn't wear it)and assumed that the money went to these veteran's but would not be happy with the thought of it going to soldiers who served in NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

tipptom wrote: »
    Was sitting in my machine in London one day waiting for the burst watermain crew to turn up(could take days) with my feet up on the steering wheel when I saw 3 little f*ckers hassling an auld fella walking home from the pub,bit wary but couldn't stand back and watch this(while many did)and got out and it must have been my dirty unkempt appearance and Lee Strasberg method acting bravado but they scattered.

Auld boy was very thankful,trying to offer me a few quid !and assumed my name was Pat:P,told me how he had fought in the war and I thought what stuff he could have gone through and seen and the way these little f*uckers treated him.

Bought a poppy that year(didn't wear it)and assumed that the money went to these veteran's but would not be happy with the thought of it going to soldiers who served in NI.

In before one of our more extremist republican posters tries to convince you that he was actually being "racist" for saying that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 222 ✭✭harryr711

bumper234 wrote: »
    And your point is?
    No point, just admiring the guy wearing the poppy doing a Nazi salute with his friends holding the union flag behind him.

In before one of our more extremist republican posters tries to convince you that he was actually being "racist" for saying that.

The only one here mentioning racism is yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

I saw 7 today while I was in Dublin city center this was in the space of 20 minutes.

Must of being in your secret RBL club :D

harryr711 wrote: »
    No point, just admiring the guy wearing the poppy doing a Nazi salute with his friends holding the union flag behind him.

Ah cool so

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/sep2009/joseph.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvofwvha1X1qanglz.jpg

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/sep2009/josephmckenna_salute1.jpg

moxin wrote: »
    Must of being in your secret RBL club :D

3 on Henry street 2 outside the GPO of all places and 2 as I walked back from Grafton street. I purposely looked out for them because of this thread. If I wasn't looking for them I more than likely wouldn't have even noticed them.

We must of broke through the bottom of that barrel now with pictures of schoolboys doing silly salutes, oh dear.

wazky wrote: »
    We must of broke through the bottom of that barrel now with pictures of schoolboys doing silly salutes, oh dear.

Maybe you should look them up. They are Irish soldiers.

• Advertisement

Maybe you should look them up. They are Irish soldiers.

And what relevance does that have to the discussion?, I know we have strayed off topic a few times but come off it, if you want to talk about "Nazi" Irish soldiers open up a thread on them.

The childish attacks are really getting boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I saw 7 today while I was in Dublin city center this was in the space of 20 minutes.

I seen about 12 in the centre of Glasgow today, space of about 15 minutes

And what relevance does that have to the discussion?, I know we have strayed off topic a few times but come off it, if you want to talk about "Nazi" Irish soldiers open up a thread on them.

The childish attacks are really getting boring now.
    And your point is?

I was replying to his posts not yours, also maybe you should read the forum charter...especially the rule about back seat modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Sadder than Sad Jack McSad....

I was replying to his posts not yours, also maybe you should read the forum charter...especially the rule about back seat modding.

Still applies that "Nazi" Irish soldiers have no relevance to the discussion so why bring them up?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Sadder than Sad Jack McSad....

So point out someone from Britain doing a Nazi salute and it's shocking. Point out that young Irish men can be idiots too and it's sad. The double standards that the so called Republicans on these forums revert to are laughable at best.

So point out someone from Britain doing a Nazi salute and it's shocking. Point out that young Irish men can be idiots too and it's sad. The double standards that the so called Republicans on these forums revert to are laughable at best.

Can you point out where Irish soldiers and their Nazi fetishes have any impact on the Poppy?, thanks.

:confused:
    I get the strong feeling that I am wasting my time on a young teenager here but, for what it is worth;

you are aware that the EDL are now selling the poppy? That part of the problems with the growth in the display of poppy and poppy fascism are related to it's use by people like this? I say part, because you also have the problem that it is being hijacked to garner support for what Britain's army is doing today.

Pictures of Irish army neo nazis is not a counter to the above as nobody has suggested that they don't exist.

Can you point out where Irish soldiers and their Nazi fetishes have any impact on the Poppy?, thanks.

They have the same impact as some random picture of EDL idiots doing the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

• Advertisement

They have the same impact as some random picture of EDL idiots doing the same.

So none then?, thanks for clearing that up.

Still no idea why you would post it.

I hate to say it but he is EXTREMELY hot! :o

He should take the hoodie off then. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He looks about 12.

You're a weirdo.

So none then?, thanks for clearing that up.

Still no idea why you would post it.

To point out the fact that ALL nations have idiots amongst their young population.

To point out the fact that ALL nations have idiots amongst their young population.

No one said they didn't?

No one said they didn't?

Ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Do you want to go out with him or adopt him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nodin wrote: »

I'm actually 99% sure he's wearing a school uniform there!

His mate beside him is anyway!

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm actually 99% sure he's wearing a school uniform there!

His mate beside him is anyway!

Which would be important if it had any relevance, which it doesn't, just another blocking tactic to avoid answering on the issues raised.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

Nodin wrote: »

He is in his early 20s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement